Error in flashing TX2

May you give some details about your host ?

• Is it a real PC, not a virtual engine ?
  • Does it runs JetPack on a ext4 Linux filesystem ?
  • Have you downloaded a fresh version of JetPack and run it into a brand new directory ? (don’t reuse a previous JetPack install)

Is it a brand new hardware host (may be too much recent) or old hardware (maybe too old) ?

Have you tried another cable ?
Most of the time a USB hub would be avoided, but when it fails you may also try add one between host and jetson, especially if you are using an old host.

Could anyone please guide me to flash my tx2? I am having problems to do it correctly.

I suggest manual command line as the most basic and debuggable flash. The docs from L4T have information on this, here’s a note on it (R28.2.1 is the most recent though):
https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1031769/jetson-tx2/unable-install-any-jetpacks-jetson-tx2/post/5249710/#5249710

Note in particular this one line which flashes with logging:

sudo ./flash.sh -S 29318MiB jetson-tx2 mmcblk0p1 <b>2>&1 | tee log_flash.txt</b>

Don’t mistake a lack of video for a failed flash (this is the most common misconception when a flashed unit doesn’t display on a monitor). If you do have a failed flash, then add a log (and the first question if USB went bad is whether or not it is a VM…VMs do not handle USB correctly without work).

I have exactly the same problem. No matter what I do, the probing of the device fails all the times and I can’t proceed with the flashing.

Is the host a VM?

No I’m running baremetal. My configuration is exactly as the OP. Also, I tried to run tegrarcm_v2 --uid but I only receive the following error message:

Failed to read UID

Must be something wrong with the communication channel with the jetson.

EDIT: Apparently there is something wrong with my laptop (DELL XPS 15") USB ports or controller. I didn’t incur in the same problem when flashing from an Intel NUC (following the same exact steps)

Sometimes signal quality will improve if you use a HUB between host and Jetson (it doesn’t have to be powered, but you’d want the Jetson to be the only thing on the HUB).