Error in installing Jetpack 3.3 in Ubuntu 16.04 for Jetson Tx2

Hi,

I am trying to setup Jetson TX2 board for my application. I have faced few issues while installing Jetpack 3.3. I need some clarification regarding the following issues,

The details of my host,

1. The host is a Laptop with Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
  2. I have already installed OpenCV 3.4.2 for some of my previous algorithms

Now I tried to install Jetpack 3.3, which has OpenCV 3.3.1 with it. When I proceed for installation, it throwed an error “Installing Opencv 3.3.1 failed. Return Code : 1. Error :libopencv-python libopencv-examples cannot be installed on host.Please manually run followig command in terminal to install packages before continuing : sudo apt install /home/niranjana/NIRANJANA/JetPack3.3/jetpack_download/libopencv_3.3.1_amd64.deb /home/niranjana/NIRANJANA/JetPack3.3/jetpack_download/libopencv-dev_3.3.1_amd64.deb /home/niranjana/NIRANJANA/JetPack3.3/jetpack_download/libopencv-python_3.3.1_amd64.deb /home/niranjana/NIRANJANA/JetPack3.3/jetpack_download/libopencv-samples_3.3.1_amd64.deb”…

Query 1 : Do I need to uninstall the previously installed OpenCV3.4.2 for installing Jetpack ?
Query 2 : Can I connect the host to Wifi and Target Tx2 to Ethernet ? Or should both the Host and Target should be connected to Ethernet ?

Requesting your help to sort this issue .

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Niran

Hi,

If you don’t want to install opencv3.3.1 or just want to avoid the problem, you could chose not install it.

As for query 2, just make sure your host is able to ping tx2 should be enough.

Hi WayneWWW,

Thank you for the reply.

As my application majorly use OpenCV and related libs for its execution, it is a must for me to install along with Opencv 3.3.1. However, I tried once again to install Opencv 3.3.1 and flash the same ti Jetson Tx2. The issue is still same. So I chose not to install it for time being and tried flashing Jetson with other support like CUDA, etc. The flashing is done successfully.

Now I am trying to install Opencv separately. Does it still require the host to be connected to the target ? Or can i detach target from the host and install directly in the target itself ? Also does this require Jetpack again ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Niran