error LNK1181 on main file while using 64 bits architecture

Hi,

I’m creating and compiling the same basic source code on a 32 and a 64 bits computer.

I’ve made the same configurations for the environment (adding libraries, include files, paths, etc…)

On the 32 bits computer everything is working well, while on the 64 bits computer I have the following error :

I tried to switch from 32 to 64 version of libraries (for example cutil32D.lib and cutil64D.lib) but it has no effect at all…

Thanks for your help!

Hi again,

Trying to solve this issue, other problems appeared:

general error c10100b1: Failed to load file The system cannot find the path specified.

and

error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Compiling with CUDA Build Rule..."

How to solve these issues?

Hi again,

Trying to solve this issue, other problems appeared:

general error c10100b1: Failed to load file The system cannot find the path specified.

and

error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Compiling with CUDA Build Rule..."

How to solve these issues? The problem was just conflict between 32 and 64 bits libraries, as I suggested.

This is how I configure the library in Visual:

• Go to Tools > Options > Project and Solutions > VC++ Directories and add:
  • In “Show directories for”, select “Include files” and add C:\CUDA\include (if you have not changed the installation folder of Cuda).

• In “Show directories for”, select “Library files” and add C:\CUDA\lib (if you have not changed the installation folder of Cuda). (lib64 for 64 bits OS).

• In “Show directories for”, select “Library files” and add C:\CUDA\bin (if you have not changed the installation folder of Cuda). (bin64 for 64 bits OS).

• In “Show directories for”, select “Library files” and add C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA GPU Computing SDK\C\common\lib (if you have not changed the installation folder of Cuda).

• Copy the cutil32D.dll file in the bin part of your installation path: C:\CUDA\bin Cutil32D.dll can be found in the NVidia SDK Bowser: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA GPU Computing SDK\C\bin\win32\Debug\cutil32D.dll. For 64 bits OS, copy the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA GPU Computing SDK\C\bin\win64\Debug\cutil64D.dll

• So as to compile your program, do not forget to compile it in 64 bits if you’re on a 64 bits OS.

Select the “Configuration Manager…” and in the “Active solution platform:” list select “…”. It will open a new window in which you will choose “x64” for the “Type or select the new platform” part.

This should solve all the issues encountered. Don’t forget to install only either 64 bits or 32 bits sofware (Visual Studio, Cuda SDK, Cuda ToolKit, …) but do not mix 3é and 64 bits software.

Work well for me.