Error while installing Jetpack 4.5.1 on Xavier AGX

Hello all

I am getting the following error while installing Jetpack 4.5.1 OS on my AGX Xavier using sdkmanager.

File System and OS: First Error: Installation failed.

How can I solve it?

You’ll probably need to provide the full log. If you want to just flash and not add optional extra packages, then you can easily do this and get a log at the same time (assumes Xavier in recovery mode and the USB-C attached…and first cd to the correct “~/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack...version.../Linux_for_Tegra/” directory):
sudo ./flash.sh jetson-xavier mmcblk0p1 2>&1 | tee log_flash.txt

This should reboot and offer first boot account setup. The file “log_flash.txt” could be posted here if the flash fails. Do be sure to not use a VM during flash.

Keep in mind that this should flash, and that later on you can run JetPack/SDKM again, but uncheck the flash part and then add any extras.

Please dump the log as linuxdev said.

Your current info shares nothing. Even the usb cable drops from your devkit can give out such error.
We can tell nothing from your statement.

Thank you. I have attached the full log from sdkmanager.

SDKM_logs_JetPack_4.5.1_Linux_for_Jetson_AGX_Xavier_2021-03-08_14-19-53.zip (150.8 KB)

Hello,

What is your host machine environment?

> ..
sudo ./apply_binaries.sh
sudo mkdir -p rootfs/opt/nvidia/deb_repos
Info: exec_command: /tmp/tmp_NV_L4T_FILE_SYSTEM_AND_OS_T194_COMP.sh
Using rootfs directory of: /media/ali/Windows/Ali/hipert/Xavier/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_4.5.1_Linux_JETSON_AGX_XAVIER/Linux_for_Tegra/rootfs
||||||||||||||||||||||| ERROR |||||||||||||||||||||||
-----------------------------------------------------
1. The root filesystem, provided with this package,
   has to be extracted to this directory:
   /media/ali/Windows/Ali/hipert/Xavier/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_4.5.1_Linux_JETSON_AGX_XAVIER/Linux_for_Tegra/rootfs
2. The root filesystem, provided with this package,
   has to be extracted with 'sudo' to this directory:
   /media/ali/Windows/Ali/hipert/Xavier/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_4.5.1_Linux_JETSON_AGX_XAVIER/Linux_for_Tegra/rootfs
Consult the Development Guide for instructions on
extracting and flashing your device.

Hello,

It is Ubuntu 18. Just I used the windows drive to have enough space.

I am not sure what does windows drive mean here.

It seems the file system are incompatible.

The drive that my alongside windows is working on. But also I can work with on my Ubuntu.

So I will change the drive and let you know the result.

Something to emphasize which @WayneWWW mentions: I see “Windows” in the path. If this is Windows Subsystem for Linux, WSL, then it won’t work. That subsystem has no ability to use loopback. If this is on an NTFS partition, then this too will fail (the flash would work, the boot would not). If this is any kind of VM, then VMs tend to need some work to actually pass USB through correctly.

Thank you, @WayneWWW and @linuxdev for your help. I changed the download drive and that issue was solved.

However, I am getting a new error while installing SDKs. One of them is “CUDA Toolkit for L4T: E: Failed to fetch http://ports.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-ports/pool/main/libx/libxi/libxi-dev_1.7.9-1_arm64.deb Could not resolve 'ports.ubuntu.com”. Also, I’ve attached the log.

SDKM_logs_JetPack_4.5.1_Linux_for_Jetson_AGX_Xavier_2021-03-10_11-08-37.zip (146.6 KB)

Could not resolve 'ports.ubuntu.com

That sounds a DNS issue. Are you able to directly ping " ports.ubuntu.com"?

Yes, I can.

Perhaps there is some firewall issue (a firewall could cause one machine to fail that fetch, while the other succeeds). Failing to download is almost always a network/DNS issue, but since you can ping, this becomes a strange problem. Can you manually download:
wget http://ports.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-ports/pool/main/libx/libxi/libxi-dev_1.7.9-1_arm64.deb
(that package is the one specifically mentioned in your post #10)