External Extensions: OpenXR compact binding for creating extended reality applications

omni.add_on.openxr: OpenXR compact binding for creating extended reality applications on NVIDIA Omniverse

This extension provides a compact python binding (on top of the open standard OpenXR for augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR)) to create extended reality applications taking advantage of NVIDIA Omniverse rendering capabilities. In addition to updating views (e.g., head-mounted display), it enables subscription to any input event (e.g., controller buttons and triggers) and execution of output actions (e.g., haptic vibration) through a simple and efficient API for accessing conformant devices such as HTC Vive, Oculus and others…

GitHub links:

Amazing. I unzipped the folder in C:\Users\Garrett\AppData\Local\ov\pkg\create-2021.3.7\exts and restarted CREATE.
It loaded the extension in the window>extensions however there is a red triangle warning sign.

I hover over it and don’t know what that means.
Loaded improperly?
Restarted Create > looks like it works.
Selected AutoLoad > restarted create.
It did autoload.
The Add On (top menu bar) is not loading to select anything as per github instructions. Maybe I have to load add-ons elsewhere?

Hi @garretthoyos

It looks like you are using Windows …
Currently this extension has been compiled only for Linux systems.

😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 #virtual reality

Is there a way to allow me to use Omniverse Create in VR (preferably on Windows) using Oculus link or Airlink?

Mmmm,

The only I can say (a common Omniverse user) is that this extension allows you to use any OpenXR-conformant devices (as shown in OpenXR Overview - The Khronos Group Inc)…

With respect to Windows, maybe you can try to compile it

You don’t work for Nvidia?

Nop

come work for us. :)

👀