Flash Xavier AGX with jetpack4.5 using SDK Manager directly into NVMe SSD not in internal eMMC

Hi there I am new to platform I was wondering is there a way that I can directly flash NVMe from sdkManager because while going through the provided documentation there wasn’t any option to select target location.

1. Sdkmanager is just an automatic tool for installing a fixed boot patterns. Which means the only thing it can do is flash those components to the internal devices. If you want to try something like boot from nvme or boot from usb mentioned by the document, then you need to use the driver package (Linux_for_Tegra).

2. There is no method to totally boot from the external drive. There must be some boot components on the internal device. Also, the flash.sh tool in driver package does not have ability to flash data to external drive either.

Thanks @WayneWWW for replying.

Kindly guide me regarding this how to use driver package(Linux_for_Tegra). Thanks

Hi,

You can refer to the quick start guide.

Thanks @WayneWWW I will go through this guide surely it will help me.

FYI, some clarification: JetPack/SDK Manager is just a front end. Actual flash is performed by the “driver package”, which understands a Jetson over USB in recovery mode. When SDKM downloads content, you will end up with:
~/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack...version.../Linux_for_Tegra/
…and the “Linux_for_Tegra/” subdirectory is the driver package. This contains “flash.sh”, and most of what you’ll want to do is via that.