How should I install jetpack on NVMe with sdkmanager

I have noticed that in the last version the sdkmanager offers the option to install directly on the NVMe, but it fails instantly when using the option, how should I install on the NVMe on my Xavier AGX 16GB?

Did you ever change the “jetpack version” or you only changed the “sdkmanager version”?

I am not sure what you are asking, I use sdkmanager 1.7.3 and JetPack 4.6.1, and this is the install procedure:

To test this I do docker run -it --rm --privileged -v /dev/bus/usb:/dev/bus/usb/ --volume /tmp/:/home/nvidia/nvidia:rw --name JetPack_TX2_Devkit sdkmanager --cli install --logintype devzone --product Jetson --target P2888-0001 --targetos Linux --version 4.6.1 --select 'Jetson OS' --deselect 'Jetson SDK Components' --flash all --license accept --staylogin true --datacollection disable --exitonfinish then select manual installation, and I install on NVMe, not “eMMC (default)”.

Oh, sorry. Didn’t read your comment clearly. I thought you were trying to say it was working before but failed after upgrading sdkm.

Could you flash emmc case first and see if your nvme could be detected by kernel first?

Could you flash emmc case first and see if your nvme couldn’t be detected by kernel first?

I don’t quite understand, would you like me to flash the eMMC first, then the NVMe with the same JetPack?

Check whether your kernel is able to detect the NVMe.

If it even cannot detect it, then it won’t be able to be flahsed.

In the Xavier after flashing the eMMC I can move the root to NVMe using these scripts: GitHub - jetsonhacks/rootOnNVMe: Switch the rootfs to a NVMe SSD on the Jetson Xavier NX and Jetson AGX Xavier.

1 Like

The flash to nvme on jetson is not actually “only flasj nvme”. It is actually flashes the emmc first and then try to flash nvme.

Is this a custom board or nv devkit?

Nvidia Dev Kit, a Jetson AGX Xavier official.

Please also try if jetpack4.6 is able to flash it or not.

Hi flash to nvme will not work with your docker configuration. It works best with bare metal configuration.

However, can you add these options

--user=0:0 --privileged --network=host --volume=/dev:/dev --volume=/var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock --volume=/var/run/dbus:/var/run/dbus:ro --volume /etc/udev/:/etc/udev/ --volume /run/udev:/run/udev:ro

to your docker command to see if it is possible to flash to NVMe?

We are seeing a necessity (to modify a dtb) for using the provided filesystem and BSP, instead of flashing with sdkmanager, would that be bare metal?

Yeah that will be fine if you flash directly from Linux_for_Tegra folder

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.