Flashing Orion NX on SEED reComputer J4012 - Success

Hi reflashed the Orion Nx 16 Modul, i needed multiple attemps but finally succeded.
Main Issure for me was a falling at flashing the OS at an status over 90%. I found out that i had just to had to allow the installation, to take longer then exspected.

I have highlighted chooses of mine, which i think, helped to succed.

My system setup:
Target Jetson:

• hardware: Orion NX 16 Gb
  • custom board: reComputer J4012
  • SSD: 2TB M2 Samsung 970 EvoPlus SSD

Host machine:

• VMware Workstation 17 Player
  • Ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
    VMWaresettings:
  • USB Controller USB compatibillity USB 3.1
  • Serial Port - Connection - Use physical serial port
  • Serial Port - I/O Mode - Use Yield CPU on poll

Steps:

• Installing newest SDK-Manager
  • Running SDK-Manager
  • Connecting Jetson over USB-C
  • Choose to always connect USB-Device to VM-Ware
  • Choose Installation of Jetpack 6DP
  • Disconnecting and Connecting NVME SDD as suggested
  • Detecting Orion NX 16 GB
  • Choose Manual Recovery Mode
  • Choose pre-oem
  • Choose on run-time
  • Choose NVME
  • PowerOff Jetson
  • Ground FC Rec Pin to GND with a jumper wire
  • PowerOn Jetson
  • Refresh at the TOP of the screen to find new connected jetson, and enable the Flash button
  • Flash
  • Disconnect Jumper Wire from Ground
  • It takes long to load the parts and some Errors occure in the terminal, which resolve them self
  • After a while the jetson reboots and only a “_” is seen on the connected display
  • Accepting to take longer then accepted for installation
  • Jetson rebooted with the new Jetpack Version.

I have added the full lok from my last two installation attemps. Feel free to leave a comment or explainations why it takes so really long, to flash the jetpack os.
SDKM_logs_2024-04-24_07-49-01.zip (788.3 KB)

So what’s the issue now?
You think it’s not supposed to take that long time?

for the failing attempts you ended up with

NV_L4T_FLASH_JETSON_LINUX_COMP@JETSON_ORIN_NX_TARGETS: Waiting for target to boot-up…
21:19:57.722 - info: NV_L4T_FLASH_JETSON_LINUX_COMP@JETSON_ORIN_NX_TARGETS: Waiting for target to boot-up…
21:19:59.892 - info: NV_L4T_FLASH_JETSON_LINUX_COMP@JETSON_ORIN_NX_TARGETS: Waiting for target to boot-up…
21:20:00.899 - info: NV_L4T_FLASH_JETSON_LINUX_COMP@JETSON_ORIN_NX_TARGETS: Timeout
21:20:00.900 - info: NV_L4T_FLASH_JETSON_LINUX_COMP@JETSON_ORIN_NX_TARGETS: Cleaning up…
21:20:01.213 - error: NV_L4T_FLASH_JETSON_LINUX_COMP@JETSON_ORIN_NX_TARGETS: [exec_command]: /bin/bash -c /tmp/tmp_NV_L4T_FLASH_JETSON_LINUX_COMP.bam.sh; [error]: 128422 blocks

This means that the device fails to expose the usb device mode related to flashing. It could be a known flashing bug on jp6.0 dp like this Jetson orin nano - jetpack 6 not flashing with SDK manager ubuntu 22.04 - #12 by DaveYYY

1 Like

There is no issue.
Main goal of the post was, 1. to illustrate how a flashing was possible, using VMWare. 2. See if somebody can explain me the errors which occurred.
The discussion can be closed, from my point of view.

1 Like

Thanks for the explanation. At the time it succeeded, USB-Devices (Mouse and keyboard) where connected.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.