GASS CUDA .NET (release 2.0.4) Build faliure

Hi,

I am trying to compile the clock example given with the CUDA.Net (release 2.0.4) toolkit of GASS.
Program exits with an error

"The command nvcc clock_kernel.cu --cubin exited with code -1"

I am running the program with CUDA 2.1 and VS 2005. Any suggestions ?

Ashish

Run the program again, and use the debugger to find where it is throwing an exception (if at all). If it is something you can’t get to (i.e. internal to their library), you’ll probably just have to email them with the problem and let them fix it. If you can find the problem, post the stack trace from the debugger at the point where it’s hitting the error so we can see what you’re doing.

I’m compiling .cu into binary .cubin myself , by creating a batch file with the following command in the file :

nvcc -ccbin “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\bin” -cubin -DWIN32 -D_CONSOLE -D_MBCS -Xcompiler /EHsc,/W3,/nologo,/Wp64,/O2,/Zi,/MT -I"C:\CUDA\include" -I./ -I"C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA SDK 10\NVIDIA CUDA SDK\common\inc" %1

save this in : nvcccubin.bat
and run nvcccubin.bat filename

make sure to remove the postbuild command from your .NET project option.

Add “ \VC\bin” to your System Path.

Looks like, you have not even entered a linking phase. So, nothing to do with GASS at all…

Compile the same from VC++ command prompt (this one has all the PATH set for VC (cl.exe) execution) and see what it tells.

Good luck,