GRID K2 for non-virtualized Linux server

Hi,

I’m having trouble getting K2 and Xorg to communicate properly.

The environment:

• HP Proliant DL380 Gen9 server
  • Matrox G200EH onboard
  • Nvidia GRID K2
  • No physical displays connected (only physical connection is to the Matrox, all configuration done through iLO)
  • Linux RHEL 6.7 (Linux RHEL 7 also tested with no luck)

Steps done:

1. Blacklisted nouveau and successfully installed Nvidia proprietary driver (both 352.41 production and 358.09 beta tested, same result)
  2. Allowed Nvidia installer to create xorg.conf
  3. startx -> Error, no devices detected
  4. Re-ran configuration utility with extra flag: nvidia-xconfig --enable-all-gpus
  5. startx -> Error, no screens detected (no other errors in /var/log/Xorg.0.log, devices i.e. 2 GPUs properly detected now with the added BusID options)
  6. Re-ran configuration utility with additional flag: nvidia-xconfig --enable-all-gpus --allow-empty-initial-configuration
  7. startx -> No errors, but a black screen. /var/log/Xorg.0.log doesn’t show any visible problems, Xorg seems to be happy

But, "nvidia-settings" from command line still pops-up the NVIDIA X Server Settings window and tells me that "You do not appear to be uisng the NVIDIA X driver. Please edit your X configuration file and restart the X server".

I can see the same if I createa a VNC server and connect to it using a VNC viewer. A desktop is shown fine, but running glxgears or nvidia-settings will result in errors telling me that the Nvidia driver is not loaded.

Is GRID K2 supposed to work at all in a non-virtualized environment? I’m more than happy to provide all additional information needed.

Best regards,

PM

HI

I have the same issue with rhel 7.2 how you fix the problem

Thanks