Help,how to Create an omniverse isaac sim developing environment in Visual studio Code?

hi, due to our developers’s hard working in Nvidia, we can use omniverse isaac sim in Windows, we can also setup a working environment using isaac sim’s python interface, so we can debug and testing functions and implement ideas in visualstudio code, but I run into some problems when I run these example projects, it just can’t find the isaac sim related module, please help me find out the right settings in VScode. this is my settings in my workspace: in .vscode folder, there are two .json files , which are settings.json
{
“files.autoSave”: “afterDelay”,
“python.autoComplete.extraPaths”: [

],
"python.defaultInterpreterPath": "C:\\tools\\miniconda3",
"python.analysis.extraPaths": []

}
lanch.json
{
“version”: “0.2.0”,
“configurations”: [
{
“name”: “Python: Current File”,
“type”: “python”,
“request”: “launch”,
“python”: “C:/tools/miniconda3/python.exe”,
“program”: “$(file)”,
“console”: “integratedTerminal”,
“justMyCode”: true,
“env”: {
“EXP_PATH”: “D:\omniverse\pkg\isaac_sim-2022.1.0/apps”,
“RESOURCE_NAME”: “IsaacSim”
},
},
{
“name”: “isaac-sim”,
“type”: “cppdbg”,
“request”: “launch”,
“program”: “D:\omniverse\pkg\isaac_sim-2022.1.0\kit\kit.exe”,
“args”: [“D:\omniverse\pkg\isaac_sim-2022.1.0/apps/omni.isaac.sim.kit”,
“–ext-folder”, “D:\omniverse\pkg\isaac_sim-2022.1.0/exts”,
“–ext-folder”, “D:\omniverse\pkg\isaac_sim-2022.1.0/apps”],
“stopAtEntry”: false,
“cwd”: “D:\omniverse\pkg\isaac_sim-2022.1.0”,
“environment”: ,
“externalConsole”: false,
“MIMode”: “gdb”,
“setupCommands”: [
{
“description”: “Enable pretty-printing for gdb”,
“text”: “-enable-pretty-printing”,
“ignoreFailures”: true
}
]
}

]

}

Take a look at python.bat.
You can find where it is by looking at Package Path or clicking Open in File Browser in the Isaac Sim App Selector window.

python.bat runs setup_python_env.bat that runs site/sitecustomize.py to setup paths to the different packages contained in isaac sim.

thanks for your reply, and I want to know how to reference sitecustomize.py in my vscode project? cause there are thousands of path need to be set in this python file.

All of those paths need to be added in some way, I am not sure how to do this on windows, with linux we source a custom env file as part of the vscode launch config. Something similar will need to be done with sitecustomize.

We can look into this for the next isaac sim release if there is time.

thanks, since isaac sim is lanched on windows, it is natural to make env configuration more easier for developers, I hope this will be solved in the next release. BTW, I successfully configured the env in my VScode settings. but when I run the python file it doesn’t show ther correct result. such as

and here is another question for you:
when I create a physics environment in omniverse XR beta, which includes a ground plane , some collision physics entities, when I hit play button, the physics engine seems doesn’t work, no gravity field, no object collision at all, does it need some extra extensions or settings to enable physics engine in omniverse XR?
and if I hit start VR tablet button to init cloudVR server and also start googlear client on my android tablet, after I input the correct server address, the client on my tablet just shows “searching for surfaces” , without streaming the scene to my tablet. so how to make the client work correctly togather with the cloudXR server in omniverseXR?

Its hard to say what the physics issue is without a video or a usd file to reproduce the issue.

I would recommend posting omniverse XR specific questions in this forum.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.