How can flash image in Jetson nano device

Hi,

I have install SDK Manager and run it on Linux machine Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS.
I have connect jetson nano device and Linux machine with etharnet cable and serial cable.
I am getting NO board connected. Please suggest me How can get connection between device and Linux machine?

regards,
Babbelal

Hello @babbelal.patel1

Did you set your Jetson Nano in Recovery Mode?
Regards

How can set please describe and how can connect device with Linux Ubuntu PC ?

On the Jetson side:

• connect the power and ethernet connection
  • connect serial cable between Ubuntu PC

Now you should set your Jetson in recovery mode. Which carrier board do you use? Jetson Nano Dev. Kit, Jetson Nano 2GB Dev. Kit (the new one) or custom carrier board

I am using Jetson Nano Developer Kit
https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/jetson-nano-developer-kit

OK. How many CSI camera connector do you have? 1 or 2

There are two types of carrier boards.
https://developer.download.nvidia.com/assets/embedded/secure/jetson/Nano/docs/NV_Jetson_Nano_Developer_Kit_User_Guide.pdf?dW-fKNdDiblI6kxtPEaXF763YugFVex1OT7YNsk18Wk1FWL6dbF7ZIdt-URjkgfKcWO9xyZNweWk4KEOfBLpip1u7e7zn2un3Lx_KyRxoPhGQoOffizzRWOUdSpkq9VUosbmbmob8j6Rwmm08k-tEBbid_8V0GDevrYoCFDTk5lbREptkeKVEFplc-tcq_6Prf0#[{"num"%3A9%2C"gen"%3A0}%2C{"name"%3A"XYZ"}%2C106%2C362%2C0]

I have not connected any camera. My board is working with micro SD card. But now i want to boot device with emmc So how can flash emmc from Linux Ubuntu?

Forget it. Do you have J40 or J50 header to the top side?

1. Unplug your power cable.

2. If you have J40 header, connect the 3rd and 4th pin with a cable/jumper.
    If you have J50 header, connect the 9th and 10th pin with a cable/jumper.

3. Plug in your power cable

4. Make the serial connection (Connect the micro USB cable to J28)

5. Open a terminal on Ubuntu PC and type “lsusb”.
    Your output should look like this
    Be careful that, your device should plugged as 0955:7f21 (not 0955:7020).

1. Open NVIDIA SDK Manager. It will detect your Jetson

Hope it will work
Regards

1 Like

Hi,

I have Ubuntu 20.04.3 in my Linux PC and Ubuntu 18.04.5 in Jetson nano.

Is this necessary OS will be same version from both side ?

I have set recovery mode and after connect J28 usb cable i am getting below and automatic connected with device but now i am not getting step2 option.
imcon@cimcon:~$ lsusb
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 022: ID 0955:7020 NVIDIA Corp. L4T (Linux for Tegra) running on Tegra
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 30fa:0300 USB OPTICAL MOUSE
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 04d9:1203 Holtek Semiconductor, Inc. Keyboard
Bus 001 Device 019: ID 0403:6015 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd Bridge(I2C/SPI/UART/FIFO)
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

No, these OS’s releases are independent. Unfortunately, Ubuntu 20 have not supported SDK Manager yet.

In Jetson forum, there is a solution. If you wanted to do that get your file system’s backup, this may damage it.

Regards

Hi

Now i have connect and download all data and exit. Please let me know now how can flash emmc ?

Can I flash emmc with Micro sd card without SDK Manager?

You can choose the emmc type to flash

If you have a backup image ( or using the current image at Linux_for_Tegra/bootloader/system.img ), you can flash your whole file system without SDK Manager from here: Jetson/Clone - eLinux.org

I’m not sure to use the SD card as backup image.

Have any jumper setting for boot Micro-SD card and emmc ?

You should remove the existing jumper to boot (instead of recovery mode).

Additionally, when you set your device in recovery mode, you can remove the jumper. After installing the Jetson OS, the Jetson module will boot up.

Suppose i have install image in emmc after set recovery mode and i have attached SD card image also. Then How can identify device boot interface? Will device boot at this condition with SD card or emmc?

Honestly, your question is a little weird. According to your comment, I guess you are a newbie to jetson nano.

Need to clarify something first…

There are two modules sold in the market. One has emmc but no sdcard slot, we call it production module. While another one is totally reversed. And that sdcard only module is sold along with the NV developer kit (devkit).

Thus, there is no “module” that has both emmc and sdcard on it.

However, there are some vendors make their own “carrier board/base board” that has extra sdcard slot on it. But for such case, it is not possible to use sdkmanger to make such board work. Have to use vendor specific BSP to flash the board.

Thus, the above discussion and your latest question are conflicts.

Suppose i have install image in emmc after set recovery mode and i have attached SD card image also.

This “suppose” won’t happen because we don’t have a module that has both emmc and sdcard.
Even if your board is from some vendor and it has a sdcard slot, you cannot use sdkmanager or sdcard image because that extra sdcard slot won’t work with the software from them.