How can I monitor GPU status in Nano?

I find sudo ~/tegrastats no use. It shows no such file. So how can I monitor my GPU performance? Thx

On the TX1, I use that :

thank you

tegrastats outputs the GPU status next to “GR3D”. It shows the utilization (0-100%) and the current clock frequency of the GPU. It also shows the temperature and power consumption of the GPU.

See here for documentation on the tegrastats output: https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/l4t/Tegra%20Linux%20Driver%20Package%20Development%20Guide/AppendixTegraStats.html#wwpID0E0SB0HA

(also interested; thanks)

well. nvidia support doesn’t care that I cannot see these threads

apparently I can still comment. so all the Linus Torvalds to you @nvidia

Hi cipy, are you having trouble viewing threads? Just checked your forum account and it appears normal.

ok, it doesn’t work with Safari on Mac. I can login but I cannot see anything but thread titles

with Firefox on Mac works well

thanks,

and a bit on topic, I found the other day

which is quite cool for Nano too

1 Like

Would you mind posting this behavior to our Forum Feedback forum so our forum admins can take a look? Thanks.

https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/board/359/forum-feedback/

Hi cipy,

Can you please tell me what version OS & Safari you are running? I am looking into this now.

Thanks,
Tom

Hi @cipy,

I am not able to replicate your issue on the latest OS and version of Safari. Please let us know what versions you are running.

Thanks,
Tom
Devtalk Community Manager

github.com/rbonghi has jetson_easy which you can use to install jtop. Similar to top and htop except it also has gpu information.

Hello Nvidia,

My tegrastats GR3D_FREQ does not have the X@Y thing. It only has X so I dot know the gpu clock frequency? It is something like this

EMC_FREQ 0% GR3D_FREQ 65% PLL@ 38C

BTW - CPU indeeds have X@Y style info though. But not the GPU as the doc claimed !!!

Regards
Yao

I have the same issue can anyone help? I have a jetson nano.

cat /etc/nv_tegra_release
gives this output.

R32 (release), REVISION: 4.2, GCID: 20074772, BOARD: t210ref, EABI: aarch64, DATE: Thu Apr 9 01:22:12 UTC 2020

So when I use the command “tegrastats --interval 100” to check GPU utilization, I get this output:

RAM 2956/3961MB (lfb 2x2MB) SWAP 435/6076MB (cached 3MB) CPU [90%@1479,72%@1479,70%@1479,81%@1479] EMC_FREQ 0% GR3D_FREQ 52% PLL@55C CPU@56.5C PMIC@100C GPU@55.5C AO@64C thermal@55.75C POM_5V_IN 4959/4727 POM_5V_GPU 257/219 POM_5V_CPU 2347/2273

Can you help me interpret this as GR3D_FREQ is 52% does that mean the GPU utilization is 52%?

Thanks.

Hi meghpatel,

Please open a new topic for your issue. Thanks