How to assign EEPROM?

Hi,

In order to produce, we need modify every product’s MAC address.
Our carrier board doesn’t have EEPROM.
So We should assign the EEPROM inside the TX2 module.

What tools or method can help us assign the EEPROM inside the TX2 module?

Thanks.

Please check the TX2 EEPROM layout and use the public tool i2cset to modify the custom mac addr field.

Hi WayneWWW,

Thanks for your help.

You mean that we should modify “Customer Overwritable Section” part of the Jetson Module EEPROM?
Like this:[url]Tegra Linux Driver

Hi,

Except mac addr, we also need to modify our board id and more informations in order to produce products.
Our carrier board doesn’t have EEPROM.
Does it only use the public tool i2cset to modify the Jetson Module EEPROM’s field we need?

Is it in the i2c bus7 addr 0x50?

Thanks.

Hi,

For the mac addr, please modify

160-165
Vendor-specified Wi-Fi MAC address.
On modules that do not have a WiFi/Bluetooth chip, these bytes are all 0x00 or all 0xFF.
166-171
Vendor-specified BT MAC address.
172-177
Vendor-specified Gigabit Ethernet MAC address.

and then update the crc checksum value in below.
CRC-8 computed for bytes 0-254.

As for the board id, I think you should not change that field in module eeprom.
Our bootloader would read module id from eeprom and trigger some mechanisms. If it cannot tell if this is a TX2 module, it would have some problems.

Hi,

We finally decide to assign our product’s board id in “178-254 Reserved for future use.”, we think it’s feasible.

After refering previous topics:[url]https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1057519/jetson-tx2/eeprom-of-jetson-tx2-developer-kit/post/5362640/#5362640[/url]
I know there are two types of eeproms: Inside the module and on carrier board.
I want to know what’s the difference between the two types of eeproms.
And which type of eeproms was I modified before.

Thanks.

Hi arknights,

What you are modifying is the module eeprom.

As you said there is no eeprom on your board, so what you modified is definitely the module eeprom (i2c bus7 0x50).

Also, we didn’t share any content/layout of carrier board eeprom because it dose not affect any boot up process. I think you could just ignore it.

Hi WayneWWW,

I get it, I just want to know what function can realized by carrier board eeprom, although we don’t have it.
But as you said, I think I should ignore it.

Thanks for your help.