How to disable embedded metadata support

Hello everyone, I want to disable embedded metadata support on Jetson Xavier NX. According to the instructions in the Sensor Software Driver Programming Guide document, I set embedded_metadata_height to 0, but the following error occurs:
[352.129854] tegra194-vi5 15c10000.vi: corr_err: discarding frame 0, flags: 0, err_data 16384
By the way, I use IMX219, this seems to be no problem on Jetson Nano, but it does not work on Jetson Xavier NX.

Can’t just set embedded_metadata_height to 0 only, you have to make sure the sensor didn’t output embedded data too.

Hi @ShaneCCC,
Thank you for your reply,
What is the difference between Jetson Xavier NX and Jetson Nano, it seems no problem to modify this field on Jetson Nano only.
Is it possible to ignore embedded data by modifying the kernel code even if the sensor has embedded data output?

Nano VI HW didn’t support the embedded data the VI ignore this package.
For TX2/Xavie, it couldn’t just modify the kernel driver to disable it. Du to there’s a camera firmware to handle capture things.
Why do you need to remove it?

1 Like

I’m developing a universal driver that supports different sensors, some sensors have embedded data output and some don’t.

Sorry, you may need to find other way for your purpose.
Maybe configure the sensor to disable output embedded data package or some others.

@ShaneCCC
Thank you for your efficient response, I will consider other methods.
One more thing, is there any detailed documentation of CSI/VI? I don’t know what this error message represents. We encountered some problems when simulating sensor data.
[181.515934] tegra194-vi5 15c10000.vi: corr_err: discarding frame 0, flags: 96, err_data 4194402

I would suggest to check the trace log for TX2/Xavier.

https://elinux.org/Jetson_TX2_Camera_BringUp

Thanks a lot, I will go check it out.