How to flash SD Card with SDK Manager?

My goal is to install JetPack 4.6.3. Previously, I use balenaEtcher and it works well. But, JetPack 4.6.3 is not available to download and only through SDK Manager.

The problem is, I use Mac Mini M1, so I relied on Docker to run sdkmanager and no GUI.

What I’ve did:

1. docker run -it --rm sdkmanager --query interactive --logintype devzone
  2. When asked about the hardware configuration, I selected Target Hardware

The output

Launch Command
sdkmanager --cli install  --logintype devzone --product Jetson --targetos Linux --version 4.6.3 --target JETSON_NANO_TARGETS --additionalsdk 'DeepStream 6.0.1' --select 'Jetson OS' --select 'Jetson SDK Components' --flash all

When I tried to run the command

docker run -it sdkmanager --cli install  --logintype devzone --product Jetson --targetos Linux --version 4.6.3 --target JETSON_NANO_TARGETS --additionalsdk 'DeepStream 6.0.1' --select 'Jetson OS' --select 'Jetson SDK Components' --flash all

It downloaded Jetson OS Image, CUDA, CUDA-X AI, Computer Vision, NVIDIA Container Runtime, Multimedia, Developer Tools, DeepStream. Is this expected? After the download finish, will it ask which SD card to flash?

Sorry, please use standalone Ubuntu 18.04 or 20.04 as your host PC for SDK Manager.
SDKM might could be run in docker or VM, but the connection between host PC and the board would be unstable. There are several reboot in flash process, your host PC might lost connection with the board.

For your case, is that available to create dual boot for Ubuntu on your Mac Mini M1?

No. sdkmanager will not generate an SDcard image. It will use the Nano’s USB recovery mode to upload the contents to both the SDcard/EMMC and the QSPI bootflash. You must use a baremetal amd64/x86-64 Ubuntu PC for this, any virtual machines won’t be reliable enough (been there, tried that, didn’t work).

fchk

1 Like

It’s possible. However, according to fchkjwlsq, I need amd64/x86-64 host machine. I will stick with JP 4.6.1 for the time being.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.