How to remove all packages installed by SDK Manager and then remove SDK Manager itself?

Hi,
My ENV firstly: DRIVE OS 6.0.4 / Linux / p3710-10-s05, 940-63710-0010-D00 / SDKM 1.8.3.10426 / Ubuntu 20.04.5

There’re 2 pinned thread talking about uninstalling SDK Manager:
In Nsight Perf SDK, Uninstall Nvidia SDK manager
And in Jetson Xavier, Uninstall or delete the SDK manager

These uninstall commands/methods should be documented in Official SDK Manager Doc: NVIDIA SDK Manager Documentation

For my situation, I want to back to the place before using SDK Manager. There are three issues:

1. I install SDK Manager by double clicking, and then it’s shown in Ubuntu Software. But why I can’t find it in Ubuntu Software after installing?
  2. Seems SDK Manager doesn’t remember packages installed by itself, then how can I remove all packages installed by SDK Manager and then remove SDK Manager itself?
  3. Is there a plan to update SDK Manager by apt update && apt upgrade?

Thanks!

Hi @Keelung

I have forwarded your questions to the SDKM team for review.

Thanks,
Tom

Hi @Keelung

Engineering for the SDKM provided the following instructions.

1. I install SDK Manager by double clicking, and then it’s shown in Ubuntu Software. But why I can’t find it in Ubuntu Software after installing?
I can find SDK Manager in Ubuntu Software Center after installing. It is listed under Ubuntu Software Center → Installed → Add-ons.
2. Seems SDK Manager doesn’t remember packages installed by itself, then how can I remove all packages installed by SDK Manager and then remove SDK Manager itself?
SDK Manager does remember packages installed by itself. It has the database to record all the installed packages.
There are separate chapters in SDK Manager user guide describing how to remove different SDKs installed by SDK Manager. e.g. for Jetson users, they can refer to below user guide to remove the installed packages inside “Manage NVIDIA SDKs” page.
Install Jetson Software with SDK Manager :: NVIDIA SDK Manager Documentation
To remove SDK Manager client itself:
To uninstall SDK Manager on Linux, you should use your package manager’s uninstall or remove option. The exact command line will differ depending on which package manager you used.
For example on Ubuntu OSes
# sudo apt-get remove sdkmanager
3. Is there a plan to update SDK Manager by apt update && apt upgrade?
SDK Manager client supports to auto update itself. After login, the user will see an update message pop up when a newer SDK Manager version is available to use.
The user can also click on the three dots in the top right corner (“⋮”) → select Settings → “Check for updates…” to see available updates.
“Add SDK Manager to NVIDA apt repository” is included in SDK Manager next year’s roadmap, but no specific commitment date yet.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Tom K

1 Like

Hi @TomNVIDIA ,
SDK Manager 1.6.4 is not listed in my Add-ons.

Hi @Keelung,

I have sent this to the SDKM team for review.

Thanks,
Tom

Hi @Keelung

The SDK Manager is listed under Ubuntu Software application in the Installed tab (only when it is installed on the system) - see the screenshot below.

Hi @TomNVIDIA ,
It’s not list on my side. both in Application & System Applecations & add-ons in Installed tab.
And I’m using SDK Manager 1.8.4 & new installed Ubuntu 20.04.5 (apt updated && apt upgrade)
Anyway, it’s not a critical issue.

1 Like

I will pass this on to the team.

Thanks,
Tom