how to run 12 GMSL cameras on PX-2?

Hi,

I can display 4 GMSL cameras in group A on PX-2 perfectly.
./sample_camera_multiple_gmsl --type-ab=ar0231 --select-mask=1111

But I got error when trying to run 8 cameras as only first 4 cameras are displayed. Could you help to show me the command arguments to run 8 or 12 cameras at the same time?

cheers,

Steve

Dear scheng,
If you have connected 4 cameras to port A and 4 cameras to port B, please check with the following command
./sample_camera_multiple_gmsl --type-ab=ar0231 --type-cd=ar0231 --selector-mask=11111111.

Please check file:///usr/local/driveworks/doc/nvdwx_html/dwx_mul_camera_gmsl_sample.html for more details

For my use case I only have two ov10635 sensors. I connect an ov10635 to group a and another to group b then I can launch them by below command. I believe SivaRamaKrishna’s comment is working.

./sample_camera_multiple_gmsl --type-ab=ov10635 --type-cd=ov10635 --selector-mask=00010001

I just got 4 cameras working with SivaRama’s command,
autox@tegra2-ubuntuB:~/sw/driveworks/bin$ ./sample_camera_multiple_gmsl --type-ab=ar0231 --type-cd=ar0231 --selector-mask=111111
Program Arguments:
–fifo-size=3
–offscreen=0
–selector-mask=111111
–slave=0
–type-ab=ar0231
–type-cd=ar0231
–type-ef=ar0231

nvrm_gpu: Bug 1781434 workaround enabled.
nvrm_gpu: Bug 1778448 workaround enabled.
Initialize DriveWorks SDK v0.2.1
Release build with GNU 4.9.2 from v0.2.1-rc6-0-g684729c against PDK v4.1.4.0
SDK: no resource mounted
SDK: Create NvMediaDevice
SDK: use EGL display as provided
SAL: identified board as DrivePX2-TegraB
SensorFactory::createSensor() → camera.gmsl, csi-port=ab,camera-type=ar0231,camera-count=4,camera-mask=1111,slave=0,fifo-size=3
CameraGMSL: required FPS = 30, resolution = 1920x1208
***** aurix state *****
CAM_PWR_ON: 0x0
TEGRA_GMSL: TEGRA B
TEGRA_FPDL: TEGRA B
TEGRA_A_HDMI: MXM
TEGRA_B_HDMI: MXM
TEGRA_PCI: TEGRA B
FAN_STATE: UNKNOWN

***** aurix state *****
CAM_PWR_ON: 0x1
TEGRA_GMSL: UNKNOWN
TEGRA_FPDL: UNKNOWN
TEGRA_A_HDMI: UNKNOWN
TEGRA_B_HDMI: UNKNOWN
TEGRA_PCI: UNKNOWN

SensorFactory::createSensor() → camera.gmsl, csi-port=cd,camera-type=ar0231,camera-count=4,camera-mask=11,slave=0,fifo-size=3
CameraGMSL: required FPS = 30, resolution = 1920x1208
***** aurix state *****
TEGRA_GMSL: TEGRA B
TEGRA_FPDL: TEGRA B
TEGRA_A_HDMI: MXM
TEGRA_B_HDMI: MXM
TEGRA_PCI: TEGRA B

***** aurix state *****
CAM_PWR_ON: 0x3

nvmedia: ERROR: SetupVideoLink: Can’t detect config link(2)
nvmedia: ERROR: Init: Failed to setup video link
***** aurix state *****

Driveworks exception thrown: DW_SAL_CANNOT_CREATE_SENSOR: CameraGMSL: cannot connect to camera
Cannot create driver: camera.gmsl with params: csi-port=cd,camera-type=ar0231,camera-count=4,camera-mask=11,slave=0,fifo-size=3
Error: DW_SAL_CANNOT_CREATE_SENSOR

I checked the html link but it didn’t help,

any other suggestion?

thanks,

Steve

Hi Steve,
I assume you are using 8 ar0231 sensor cameras connected ports A and B. Can you double check the command? I notice you are using --selector-mask=111111 instead of --selector-mask=11111111.

Hi SivaRamaKrishna, I only have 6 cameras, 4 of them in group A and 2 others in group B. I can see 4 of them.

The interesting thing is that I can see 4 cameras with 3 of them in group A dn 1 in group B with --selector-mask=010111.

thanks,

Steve

Dear steve,
As I said in my earlier comment, can you please take a look at /usr/local/driveworks-0.6/doc/nvdwx_html/dwx_mul_camera_gmsl_sample.html.
External Media
If you are using only 6 cameras connected to A0,A1,A2,A3,B0,B1, the selector mask should be --selector-mask=11110011. For any other combination, you can change the selector-mask value as shown the attched picture

HI SivaRamaKrishna, you are right. Now I got 6 cameras up and running, thanks for your help and have a good day,

Steve