internal compiler error, pgf90 11.7

Hello,

Trying out pgfortran for the first time (want to try the accelerators!). Unfortunately, I am getting an internal compiler error when compiling FGSL (Fortran bindings for the GSL), which I use in my project.

$ pgf90 -V

pgf90 11.7-0 64-bit target on x86-64 Linux -tp nehalem 
Copyright 1989-2000, The Portland Group, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
Copyright 2000-2011, STMicroelectronics, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.

$ pgf90 -c fgsl.f90
NOTE: your trial license will expire in 13 days, 8.92 hours.
NOTE: your trial license will expire in 13 days, 8.92 hours.
PGF90-S-0000-Internal compiler error. unrec dtype in cp_iregarg      98 (fgsl.f90: 178)
  0 inform,   0 warnings,   1 severes, 0 fatal for fgsl_odeiv2_control_errlevel

I can’t find a way to attach a file to this post, but the fgsl.f90 file can be downloaded as part of the FGSL distribution.

As far as I know, this is all standard-compliant F2003. The GNU and Intel compiler do not seem to have a problem with it.

I would appreciate some help with this: is this a compiler bug, or am I doing something wrong?

Hi rohou,

is this a compiler bug, or am I doing something wrong?

An internal compiler error is always a bug. I’ve sent a report to our engineers (TPR#18080) and we’ll get it fixed as soon as possible. Hopefully, they can also provide a workaround.

Please send a note to PGI Customer Support (trs@pgroup.com) and we’ll add you to the ticket so that you’ll be notified once it’s fixed. We can also then reset your trial license so that you can try again later.

Sorry about this. We do put a lot of effort into QA but obviously missed this problem.

Thank you for the report,
Mat

You probably know by now. Sorry I missed updating you sooner.

dave