Is it a Quadro K4200 graphics issue?

I’m trying to use a lighting program - DIALux, and I’m having an issue with the model (3ds from sketch up) coming through very slowly and showing incorrectly, my mouse is not zooming in and out properly, and my computer is getting stuck. The program requires: CPU with SSE2-support · 4 GB RAM (min. 2GB) · OpenGL 3.0 graphics card.
These are my machine’s specs:

• NVIDIA Quadro K4200
  • 4095MB Memory, Integrated RAMDAC
  • 32.0 GB RAM
  • 64 bit operating system
  • Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1650 v3 @ 3.5 GHz
    Please help, does anyone know what the issue is? Is it a graphics card issue, or incompatibility with other programs? Any suggestions / thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks in advance :)

Have you tried asking on the DIALux forums first? [url]http://forum.dialux.com/[/url]

It’s the first time I hear of this program.
The program requirements on their site say OpenGL 3.0 capable graphics board. The Quadro K4200 capabilities are well beyond that OpenGL version.
There is also no mentioning of the NVIDIA OptiX ray casting SDK or CUDA on their site which makes it unclear why you’re asking in this forum.

With the given information I would say the application is having problems with your model data and possible investigations would need to be done by the application vendor first.

In case this has something to do with the NVIDIA OpenGL driver implementation, we would have heard of similar reports before.
One thing I normally try in case of OpenGL application issues is the “Workstation App - Dynamic Streaming” profile. You’ll find that option in the NVIDIA Control Panel → Manage 3D Settings → Global Settings tab → Gobal Presets listbox → Workstation App - Dynamic Streaming
Select that, apply, close the NV Control Panel, start the app again, and see if that helps.

Other than that, you can try the newest available graphics drivers for your system:
[url]Official Advanced Driver Search | NVIDIA

In any case you should contact the application vendor with a reproducer of your problem for further analysis.