We are excited to announce that our Preview 3 Release of Isaac Gym is now available to download: Isaac Gym - Preview Release | NVIDIA Developer
The team has worked hard to address many of the issues that folks in the forum have discussed, and we’re looking forward to your feedback!
Here’s a quick peek at the major Updates:
- All RL examples removed from the simulator – these have been released as open source here: https://github.com/NVIDIA-Omniverse/IsaacGymEnvs - These environments will be updated separately from the simulation engine from now on, and will cover benchmark examples from our NeurIPS 2021 Isaac Gym workshop paper.
- RL example environments have moved to using Hydra (https://hydra.cc/) based configuration
- Added new RL example for the Trifinger Real Robot Challenge to the IsaacGymEnvs repository, based on https://s2r2-ig.github.io/
- Addition of new APIs for non-flat terrain for locomotion, plus a new Anymal-based RL example in the IsaacGymEnvs repository, based on https://openreview.net/forum?id=wK2fDDJ5VcF
- Improved LSTM training of OpenAI style ShadowHand environment in the IsaacGymEnvs repository – it can now achieve over 40 consecutive successes after < 3h training on A100 GPU
- Addition of GPU mass-matrices and improved performance of GPU Jacobians
- Updates to force sensor APIs (see documentation)
- Increased limits on number of actor bodies and joints in physics simulation