Is Isaac gym in the current release?

Hello.

I was checking the first release of the Isaac SDK and the docs, and so far I could not find references to the Isaac gym, which was presented as part of the SDK in the GTC keynote of this year. Is it released along with the current Isaac SDK release? or will it be released in the following Isaac releases?

Also, the simulator used in the Isaac gym is the one presented in this [url]https://sites.google.com/view/accelerated-gpu-simulation/home[/url], right?.

Thanks in advance,
Wilbert.

Hi,

IsaacGym will be released later than IsaacSDK, probably in May/June time frame. The simulator used in Gym is a newer version of the code base presented in the link you referenced.

Thanks,
Mike

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, I will be looking forward to the release.

Best regards,
Wilbert.

Hi,

I’m waiting for Isaac Gym as well.

Thanks,

Dotan

Any updates regarding the release date of the Isaac Gym? I’m also waiting for it!

IsaacGym is not in the current release. The May/June timeframe mentioned above is moving towards August/September.

Sorry to bump an older thread, any news on IsaacGym? I’m running through the docs and had wrongly assumed we’d just the Unity ML Agents with some extra magic(since it’s based on OpenAI) - Isaac is amazing, although for our use we need the gym functionality.

Hi Marc,

No unfortunately Isaac gym is not in the current release. We are still targeting September.

Liila

Itorabi, that’s fine thanks for update, the only bit I could find online was June(ish) so I was just wondering - Q4 is good with us anyway since we’re launching soon and then I need to hire our Robotics chaps! Thanks for coming back to me.

Hello. As we are approaching mid-September, are there any updates as to when Isaac Gym will become available? Thanks!

Hi,

Unfortunately, there has been some changes in plan, and we will not release Isaac Gym until end of the year.

Kindly,
Liila

Heya,

Just checking back in, @itorabi any update on Isaac gym, we’re on NVIDIA inception and I’ve got 5000 models of FCMG goods that I’d like to do a demo on at some point Q1/Q2 this year. There are other ways we could do it, but Isaac Gym would be wonderful :-)

Hi Marc,

I am happy to hear you are excited about Isaac Gym.
The plan is to have Isaac Gym released 2020-Q1.

Thanks,
Liila

Hey Liila,

Great thanks a lot, sorry to be a nag, it’s just we have much more experience with Unity than we do Isaac Sim/ROS - really we’re just looking to do a demo in Unity/Isaac Gym to show proof of concepts without going to too deep into the robotics side for now.

Looking forward to the release!

Is it possible to have a beta version for reseachers?

Hi,
Any news on Isaac gym and its release date? Thanks

Hi,
Is there any news about Isaac gym? Will it be released in the next version of Isaac Sim?

Hello,

Unfortunately Isaac Gym will not be included in the next release.

Kindly,
Liila

Any news about Isaac Gym release?

Hi,

No, unfortunately, Isaac Sim will not be in the next release.

Kindly,
Liila