Welcome to the Isaac Gym Preview Forum

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the Isaac Gym Preview forum!

We’re very excited to be releasing the work we’ve been doing to enable full end-to-end GPU RL training live, and we hope that everyone enjoys it.

The Gym team is already hard at work to bring these capabilities to Omniverse and the full Isaac Sim. We’re putting this version of Isaac Gym out there to help drive RL research efforts forward in the meantime, and to get
your feedback on our new tensor-based physics and control APIs.

We will try our best to answer your questions, so please go ahead and ask away.

Take care,
-Gav

1 Like

Great Job!

Hope to try it as soon as possible!

Well done! I have been paying attention to Issac Gym. Hope to try as soon as possible

As I can see, it’s already possible to try it. However, where to download Isaac Gym (or how to install)?

@akskir,

You need to sign up at Isaac Gym - Preview Release | NVIDIA Developer and then you’ll be able to download it.

Take care,
-Gav

I’m login but I can’t download it, At least I don’t see a download button on the page.

Top of the page:

Bottom of the page:

Hi @eddynelson02

Have you clicked the Join now button? If so, what did you see?

I don’t see any join request from you in our system so far.

Take care,
-Gav

I’m wondering what is the difference between GYM and Isaac Sim? When will GYM supporting Isaac Sim Omniverse be released? @gstate

Isaac Gym is a limited stand-alone system that is expressly designed to do batch simulation on the GPU for reinforcement learning. It exposes a set of APIs designed to allow your code to work with the underlying physics simulation through PyTorch tensors.

Isaac Sim is a more general purpose robotics simulator built on our Omniverse platform and the USD scene description standard. It also interoperates with the Isaac SDK runtime platform.

We’re working hard to bring the batched style tensor-controlled physics RL workflows to Omniverse and Isaac Sim, but there’s a lot to do. We aren’t ready to announce when it will be available yet, but folks in this forum will be among the first to know.

Take care,
-Gav

1 Like

Hey guys. I have been looking for help for a long time but I really don’t know where to find help. I have problems with Shadowplay, savings gameplays. Can anyone help or maybe show me where I can get help from GeForce experience?

Hi @mathiasjunckel

This forum is for the Isaac Gym robotics software. For GeForce Experience and ShadowPlay help, try https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/geforce-experience/14/162599/shadowplay-feedback-thread/

Take care,
-Gav

Hey Team,

Currently I see the download option only available for Unix. I was wondering if there is any documentation for using this platform in windows?

Hi @kaykay - I’m afraid that we only offer Isaac Gym on Linux at the moment.

Take care,
-Gav

Congratulations on your work!

I am working with unmanned surface vehicles (sailboats). Does Isaac Gym, or Isaac Sim, support the physics of water and wind? If yes, how can I set this environment?

1 Like

Hi, I’ve got it up and running on an x86, but I don’t see binaries for an ARM (Jetson system, to be exact). Are they out there and I’m just missing something? Or is there another way to get the functionality on an ARM box?

Thanks!

This is fantastic news! We can’t wait to dive into the world of end-to-end GPU RL training. It’s great to see the Gym team’s dedication in bringing these capabilities to Omniverse and Isaac Sim. Your commitment to driving RL research forward is truly commendable.

We’re excited to explore the new tensor-based physics and control APIs, and we’ll certainly provide feedback as we go along. Thanks for opening the doors for questions; we appreciate your responsiveness.