Isaac Sim 2022.1.0 Features

Thanks to the Isaac Sim team for the new release.
I have some questions about the new release:
I was expecting a lot from the new release, but like the previous updates, some useful examples are removed, like “joint controller” and “read articulation.” Unfortunately, it seems Isaac Sim is not targeted to robotic users, and the focus is on the graphical capabilities and not the motion generation, control, or other related issues to robotics. Adding a new robot platform is not a straightforward and easy task at this point.
Also, I couldn’t see any hassle-free multi GPU support yet.
Also, no new robot platform like YuMi is added.
Moreover, I couldn’t find the integration of Isaac Gym.
I remember RMPflow is expected to replace with an updated algorithm, but it seems it is not added yet.
I can see Windows in the supported platforms; I am not sure if it is true or not.

Again thanks a lot for the great work you shared with the community.

1 Like

Has the 2022.1 version been released? I don’t seem to see any news about it.

1 Like

Yes, it was released yesterday. You can see it in the omniverse launcher. The Isaac Sim defaults to the newest version. But surprisingly, the documentation is not available yet.

1 Like

Thanks for the info, I’ll go back and try the latest version

I have some information from the GTC2022 that just ended

Isaac Gym will also release a separate version, but it seems to open up the Tensor API at the same time in 2022.1

There will be an update to a feature called Isaac Cortex, but the motion generation will still use RMPs, but will use a motion policy based on Finsler geometry in the future, there is no promise of an update date.

1 Like