Isaac Sim python scripting no articulation view

I created a standalone application following this tutorial for loading a robot into Isaac Sim.
I want to load my own custom robot, but I tested it with the Franka robot usd provided in Isaac Sim:

usd_path = "/home/<user_name>/Desktop/franka_alt_fingers.usd"
prim_path = "/World/envs/env_0/panda"
# load the Franka Panda robot USD file
stage_utils.add_reference_to_stage(usd_path, prim_path)
# wrap the prim as an articulation
prim = Articulation(prim_path=prim_path, name="franka_panda")

world.reset()
action = ArticulationAction(joint_positions=np.array([0.0, -1.0, 0.0, -2.2, 0.0, 2.4, 0.8, 0.04, 0.04]))
prim.apply_action(action)

When I run it using python.sh, I get the error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/<user_name>/Dev/isaac_sim/scenario.py", line 66, in <module>
    prim.apply_action(action)
  File "/home/<user_name>/.local/share/ov/pkg/isaac_sim-2023.1.1/exts/omni.isaac.core/omni/isaac/core/articulations/articulation.py", line 898, in apply_action
    self._articulation_controller.apply_action(control_actions=control_actions)
  File "/home/<user_name>/.local/share/ov/pkg/isaac_sim-2023.1.1/exts/omni.isaac.core/omni/isaac/core/controllers/articulation_controller.py", line 53, in apply_action
    applied_actions = self.get_applied_action()
  File "/home/<user_name>/.local/share/ov/pkg/isaac_sim-2023.1.1/exts/omni.isaac.core/omni/isaac/core/controllers/articulation_controller.py", line 235, in get_applied_action
    applied_actions = self._articulation_view.get_applied_actions()
AttributeError: 'ArticulationController' object has no attribute '_articulation_view'. Did you mean: '_articulation_handle'?

i wonder if this is because of the defined prim path. there was a change in how that was managed from 2023.1.0 to 2023.1.1 and i suspect the documentation you were following isn’t quite up to date.

here’s the detail regarding the update:

another example of user encountering issue when using wrong articulation root prim path:

@Simplychenable thanks again! Sorry for the late reply.

I tried again with the prim_path being the articulation root “/World/franka_alt_fingers”, found by filtering by Articulation Root in the stage of the usd file in Isaac Sim. However, when I run the program, I get the same error.