Issue while updating to JetPack 3.3 on TX1

Hi,
While updating my Jetson TX1 to JetPack 3.3, the process get hang. After researching I know that I need to set USB to 2.0. After that, I run the installation again. But this time the terminal only show text as below:
###############################################################################

L4T BSP Information:

R28 (release), REVISION: 2.0, GCID: 10567845, BOARD: t210ref, EABI: aarch64,

DATE: Fri Mar 2 04:58:16 UTC 2018

it just stays like that.

I tried usbmon and show traffic.

Should I continue wait for it finish?

Thank you in advance

I tried Ctrl+C and the install dialog shows JetPack installation has completed successfully. But when I restart the board, I don’t see anything on the monitor.

I tried to reinstall linux using driver package and still failed.
First time flashing it ran for a while and got hang at
[0.9339] tegrarcm --chip 0x21 --rcm rcm_list_signed.xml --skipuid

I ran the flash script again and the screen shows the same thing:

L4T BSP Information:

R28 (release), REVISION: 2.0, GCID: 10567845, BOARD: t210ref, EABI: aarch64,

DATE: Fri Mar 2 04:58:16 UTC 2018

Please let me know what I should do now :(

A full log would be useful, but if you have the micro-B USB cable connected to the TX1, and the other end to any port on your host PC, then the wire is correct.

If you hold down the recovery button, and then either power up the TX1 or reset power, then it is in recovery mode.

To verify a TX1 is seen by the host PC:

lsusb -d 0955:7721

…where any output is success, and no output is failure.

If you use a VM you will get USB errors unless you’ve done some more advanced configuration of the VM to force that port or device to always go straight to the VM.

I am sure the host is connected to TX1.
I found another post state that using VM can create trouble even I set it to 2.0 already. Tonight, I will try to install Ubuntu on a laptop and test it.

I confirm that using an actual laptop with USB 2.0 solved the problem. Maybe the main reason is the laptop I used to run VM only have USB 3.0 ports. Even the VM setting try to force it to USB 2.0, it still does not work.

USB2 is backwards compatible with USB3 and not a problem. The issue is that the VM doesn’t own the port…the host owns it. Unless set up correctly, then attaching and detaching repeatedly may not always pass through to the VM. VMs may be an exact match of software, but the USB is at the mercy of another o/s.

Some users also reported improvement putting the Jetson in recovery mode before starting the VM.