Jeston nano asking for username password

Hello,

I have successfully flashed jetson nano 4.2 os (2gb version).
When I am trying to boot first time jetson asking for username password (Pic attached).

I have tried with several sd cards, none of them worked.

Please help me to find a solution.

1 Like

Hi cybersasu,

The username and password is create by yourself.
After flash and first time boot up, there have first initial setup process, then you can create username and password from here. Please check again. Thanks!

I am facing the same issue with my brand new Jetson Nano 2GB, it asks for a username and password from the first boot. please advise in case you find a solution thanks

Will it not let you enter a name and password? Just wondering because the first boot should generate an opportunity to create your administrator name/password.

Hi, I am having the same issue. No, it doesn’t. It throws an error before asking for the username and password. The error is titled: “Installation Failed” and the message reads: The installer encountered an unrecoverable error. A desktop session will now be run so that you may investigate the problem or try installing again". There is only one option button to press, which is just “OK”. What follows is a login with a username and password.

1 Like

Hi @cybersasu ,

Is this jetson nano 2gb board a fresh one without using any other jetpack image before?

Hi,
Try flashing an older version of jetson nano . That might help you . It sometimes happens that the newer version has a bug or something like that. If not then try downloading the similar version again.

Sorry for the late reply, my solution is to setup the board headless using putty (without internet configuration) which does not ask for username. thank you.

Hi @Sofien_1988 ,

Is your headless setup from uart or from usb port?

Let me clarify the situation here. We notice this issue seems happened to some jetson nano 2gb.

However, this issue is not able to reproduce on our side. If you can directly use jetpack4.6.1 and hit issue, please try to share the log from this :

This will help us clarify what is the happened.

my headless setup is from usb port

There is no update from you for a period, assuming this is not an issue any more.
Hence we are closing this topic. If need further support, please open a new one.
Thanks

Did you only use jetpack4.6.1 to make it work? Or even downgrade to some old version?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.