JetPack 4.2.1 - L4T R32.2 release for Jetson Nano, Jetson TX1/TX2, and Jetson AGX Xavier

Ok, thanks for fast response! and I look forward to the new Jetbot image. I proceeded with the rest of the steps in “Create” all OK and the Jetbot stats PiOled, Jupiter basic_motion Notebook and Camera works, .except for
$sudo jupyter labextension install @jupyterlab/status-bar
An error occured
Value Error “jupyterlab/statusbar” is not a valid extension
No 'jupyterlab" key

Does the host pc for installing Jetpack4.2.1 have Ubuntu installed only 18.04? Can not install on 16.04?

Hi, NVIDIA SDK Manager supports Ubuntu 16.04 and 18.04 x86_64 on the host. For more info, see the system requirements here:

https://docs.nvidia.com/sdk-manager/system-requirements/index.html

Note that if you are using the SD card image, you don’t need to install SDK Manager on the host PC. The SD card image comes pre-loaded with the JetPack components already installed. You can flash the SD card image from practically any Windows, Mac, or Linux PC with an SD card slot.

Hi all, DeepStream 4.0 was released yesterday (including support for Nano), see here for more info: [url]https://developer.nvidia.com/deepstream-sdk[/url]

I am trying to run the sdkmanager on a host running Ubuntu 18.04. The installer for Jetpack 4.2.1 (Rev. 1) Linux for Jetson AGX Xavier has consistently hung up on the following stage

NVIDIA Nsight Graphics : running command < cd '.....' ; 
'/opt/nvidia/sdkmanager/resources/app/output/installUtils/adapter' -a='install' -c.......

The installer eventually fails with an “installer took longer than expected” message and “Retry Failed Items” just gets stuck at the same place each time the install is retried.

Has anyone else experienced this when using sdkmanager 0.9.13.4763?

I have 2 questions (Nano specific)

1. Does the SD card image include the DS 4.0 prerequisites?

2. Back in EA there was no SD card image so SDK Manager was the only
    way to flash. I was told not to use exFAT for the card and use ext4 instead.
    Is this still true?

The SD card images contains the JetPack prerequisites for DeepStream 4.0. You may also want to make sure these are installed:

$ sudo apt install \
    libssl1.0.0 \
    libgstreamer1.0-0 \
    gstreamer1.0-tools \
    gstreamer1.0-plugins-good \
    gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad \
    gstreamer1.0-plugins-ugly \
    gstreamer1.0-libav \
    libgstrtspserver-1.0-0 \
    libjansson4=2.11-1

Note these are listed from here in the DeepStream docs.

You can now use SD card image, flashed with a tool like Etcher from a Windows, Mac, or Linux PC, and SD card will automatically be formatted for you. There are a number of binary bootloader partitions created on the SD card, in addition to the ext4 user partition which contains the OS and user files.

The reference 3448-0020 is Jetson Nano production module with emmc added

See https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/l4t/pdf/Tegra_Linux_Driver_Package_Release_Notes_R32.2.pdf

“Jetson Nano production module (P3448-0020)
flashed to eMMC memory: jetson-nanoemmc”

Hi, is there any commond to update this release directly to the Nano without flashing the SD card?

Hi, updating to JetPack 4.2.1 requires re-flashing the SD card. In the future we have plans to move towards OTA updates through apt.

Hi, looks like Jetson.GPIO breaks after upgrading to JetPack 4.2.1 - L4T R32.2 on Jetson Nano.

I tried to run simple_input.py in sample code from GitHub - NVIDIA/jetson-gpio: A Python library that enables the use of Jetson's GPIOs

I was able to get the correct results, but i get error message using the new release, the error message is as follows.

bash run_sample.sh simple_input.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “./simple_input.py”, line 22, in
import RPi.GPIO as GPIO
File “/opt/nvidia/jetson-gpio/lib/python/RPi/GPIO/init.py”, line 1, in
from Jetson.GPIO import *
File “/opt/nvidia/jetson-gpio/lib/python/Jetson/GPIO/init.py”, line 1, in
from .gpio import *
File “/opt/nvidia/jetson-gpio/lib/python/Jetson/GPIO/gpio.py”, line 96, in
_board_info, _gpio_chip_base = gpio_pin_data.get_gpio_data(get_model())
File “/opt/nvidia/jetson-gpio/lib/python/Jetson/GPIO/gpio.py”, line 94, in get_model
% model_str)
Exception: Could not guess Jetson model from the model string (NVIDIA Jetson Nano Developer Kit).

Ok. I got this. I was using the previous version of GPIO library.

Can we have the link to download previous Jetson nano image?

Hi, you can still download the previous JetPack 4.2 image from here:

[url]https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/dlc/jetson-nano-dev-kit-sd-card-image[/url]

Hi,

I flashed the the SD image JetPack 4.2 and it does’t seems to works.
A screen is connected to the hdmi port which remain black.
It’s connected to the router except only the yellow LED blink (not the green one). I see on the router the IP of the jetson but I can’t connect throuh ssh neither.
I also tried to connect through Serial console but nothing.

And also why the filename differ from previous version : sd-blob-b01.img

Thks

Hi Thomas, you might want to try re-formatting and re-flashing your SD card, and if the issue persists opening a new topic about the issue. Thanks.

@Thomas,

I had similar issue with latest JetPack 4.2.1, after install and update/upgrade, I find that my GUI gets broken. I have to reinstall lihgtdm after click F3/F4 to login with different session when facing black screen.

Hi Kyle, does the issue only occur after performing the apt upgrade? Or right after a fresh flashing of the SD card. If it boots fine after initially flashing the SD card, but then breaks after update/upgrade, then it seems likely that one of the NVIDIA L4T display driver components or configuration files is getting overwritten by an upgraded apt package.

Hi Dusty, It happens after run apt-get upgrade.

In that case you may want to “apt-mark hold” the offending packages before performing the upgrade, however I’m not sure exactly which - most likely those related to X-server, X11, GL, XGL, ect.

I created a new topic since it didn’t work after a 2nd flash with JP4.2.1 and JP4.2 .
I then tried on another SD card and same things.