Jetpack upgrade

Hello,

I am trying to upgrade jetpack in my jetson NX devkit but am unsure how to proceed, as it says in the manual it is for models p3668, however mine is p3518.

Should I write the QSPI image nonetheless? in step number 2, am I doing these commands from the x64 host with the jetson in forced recovery?

The jetson was flashed with jetpack 4.4.1
the steps I am following are in Flashing Support — Jetson Linux<br/>Developer Guide 34.1 documentation

my release is cat /etc/nv_tegra_release

R32 (release), REVISION: 4.4, GCID: 23942405, BOARD: t186ref, EABI: aarch64, DATE: Fri Oct 16 19:37:08 UTC 2020

thanks for your help!

You should choose the version you want to use instead of directly reading rel-34/rel-35 document.

Also, your board is correct. No need to worry.

If you are not sure what you are doing, then just reflash your board with sdkmanager.

Hello,
many thanks for your answer, what I would like to to is upgrade the jetson software to 35.1 with jetpack 5.0.2. Definately unsure what im doing therefore I am already using sdkmanager, here are the details:

This is installed on the x64 host system which I want to use to flash the jetson

What I am referring to is this :

Because I have not run previosuly a jetpack 5.x release I am trying to follow the QSPI update instructions, but am having trouble understanding the instructions I asked about which are on the docs and is the highlighted link “QSPI update instructions”

so I download the software, and I am confused in step 2 (Write the QSPI image into the QSPI device by entering the following commands)

Do I do this from the x64 host with the jetson in forced recovery with the sd card in the jetson? or how?
Do i not have to do this step using the sdkmanager? even though i never ran 5.x release?
I hope my question is more clear, also thanks for pointing out the board is ok
thanks!

1. SDKmanager will also flash QSPI. So running sdkmanager will include upgrade the QSPI imager version too.

2. If you need sdkmanager to flash your board, then you need to put the board into recovery mode… This is actually the basic thing to learn when you got your jetson NX in the beginning…
    Please place a jumper across the Force Recovery Mode pin on your NX, plug out/in the power cable again.
    If the board is in recovery mode, then “lsusb” on your host machine will see a NVIDIA Corp device.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.