Jetson AGX is not going into Forced Recovery Mode

Hello,
I’ve been trying to put my Jetson AGX into Forced Recovery Mode but unfortunately, no matter how many ways I try it always just turns on and but nothing really loads and I just see a blank screen (My monitor is not getting any signal).

I’ve tried using the recovery mode button itself and also running the command “$ sudo reboot –-force forced-recovery” and nothing happens. It just turns on and nothing else happens. Is this a common problem with AGX and how can I fix it?

My AGX info:
NVIDIA Jetson AGX Xavier [16GB]
L4T 32.3.1 [ JetPack 4.3 ]
Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS
Kernel Version: 4.9.140-tegra
CUDA NOT_INSTALLED
CUDA Architecture: 7.2
OpenCV version: 4.1.1
OpenCV Cuda: NO
CUDNN: NOT_INSTALLED
TensorRT: NOT_INSTALLED
Vision Works: NOT_INSTALLED
VPI: NOT_INSTALLED
Vulcan: 1.1.70

You may try the following:

1. Shutdown your AGX Xavier
  2. When off push recovery mode button (the middle one).
  3. While keeping recovery mode pushed, press Power on button and release it when it lights up.
  4. Release recovery button.
  5. Then your AGX Xavier should be in recovery mode and show a NVIDIA line as USB device when running lsusb from host with AGX connected to host USB from AGX USB-C port close to GPIO connector (not the one close to power barrel connector).

Recent SDKM versions on host may also able to detect your AGX Xavier running if connected to the right connector, and would be able to put it in recovery mode for flashing.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.