Jetson agx orin devkit not working with HDMI display

I’m having an issue while trying to connect an HDMI display using a DP port of the dev kit. I have completed the ubuntu setup in headless mode only, but still, I can’t make it work with a display, only a black screen comes.
The monitor does not show anything except a black screen.
It does not even show NO SIGNAL
Please help me to solve the issue.

You need an active DP to HDMI adapter. See this post: Portrait display mode unusable on Jetson AGX Orin

2 Likes

Currently, I have amazon basics DP to HDMI cable with which I’m facing the issue.
I’ve also ordered one DP to HDMI female adapter with which I’ll be connecting hdmi to hdmi cable and after that i can further comment on this.

Tried connecting with a DP to HDMI adapter with an HDMI male to an HDMI male cable but still no response on display, only a black screen …

I suggest editing the X config to provide verbose messages on modes. Go to “/etc/X11”, and edit file “xorg.conf”. In Section "Device", add option ModeDebug:

Section "Device"
   Option "ModeDebug"

Then reboot. Attach the log file. The correct log file would be the one listed from:
ls -ltr /var/log/Xorg.*.log | tail -n 1
(probably “Xorg.0.log”)

It is possibly useful to also show the output of dmesg (or the serial console boot log).

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.