Jetson nano cannot Serial communication with Arduino when when they use the same power source

Hi everyone. I am working on a project about mini self-driving cars. The Jetson Nano receives data from the camera and sends control commands via the USB Serial Port to the Arduino to control the motor.

However, when I connect the Arduino to the car’s battery, connect the jetson nano to the external power adapter, the Arduino receives the USB Serial Port via /dev/ttyusb0 and everything works perfectly. But when I connect the Jetson Nano to the same power as the Arduino in the car, the Jetson Nano doesn’t accept the connection to that USB port anymore. I tried plugging in the USB to other ports but it still doesn’t work. Is the problem with the power supply? I use a 12V to 5V 5A converter circuit to power both the Jetson Nano and the Arduino. Thanks, everyone.

I get it. Problem solved when I separate Jetson Nano and Arduino power. Using the same power source makes it impossible for the Arduino to connect to the Jetson over Serial. I have taken power from L298N for Arduino and it worked fine.

Glad to know issue resolved.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.