I need some help getting this thing to power up. I am on my third Nano with none of them illuminating a single pixel! The first two were RMA 'ed and I am afraid the third one is junk as well.
I am using the the Adafruit 5V4A power supply recommended and have set the jumper J48 to the correct position. I get nothing. The green power LED is illuminated, but that’s it. USB keyboard mouse or not, no difference. I have an ONN 128GB microSD card installed and have formatted it as exFAT and just straight dd dump of the image to card. No difference.
How would I connect a serial port? From the documentation, when J48 is set to take power from the barrel jack, the mini USB port should function as a serial console, but I get no data from the port. The system it is connected to does not see a USB device connect/disconnect. So how are you supposed to get serial data. Please do not send me links for the older style board, with a single camera port; mine has 2 and no serial port header located near the camera port.
Your suggestions led me to the resolution. And am posting from the jetson nano!!! One thing to note, on the B01 boards, it is jumper J50 and pins 9 and 10 … from the user guide.
• [J50] Carrier Board Rev B01 only: 12-pin button header; brings out system power,
reset, UART console, and force recovery related signals:
• Pin 1 connects to LED Cathode to indicate System Sleep/Wake (Off when system
is in sleep mode).
• Pin 2 connects to LED Anode.
• Pins 3 and 4 are respectively UART Receive and Send.
• Pins 5 and 6 disable auto power-on if connected.
• Pins 7 and 8 reset the system if connected when the system is running.
• Pins 9 and 10 put the developer kit into Force Recovery Mode if they are
connected when it is powered on.
• Pins 11 and 12 initiate power-on when connected if auto power-on is disabled.