Jetson Nano not booting

Hi:
I encountered a startup problem.
After a normally shutting down, my Jetson Nano can’t turn on again.
The green LED is on, but the screen and keyboard and mouse do not respond.
I use 5V4A DC power supply.I also tried to use usb power supply and it also didn’t work.I measured the voltage of some pins of j41 and the power jack and HDMI and USB interface when the green light was on.

to j41:
5v … 5.2v
3.3v … 3.3v
to power jack: 5.2v
to HDMI: 5.2v
to USB interface: near 0v

I tried to connect the Jetson Nano with Ethernet cable, and I can’t find it’s IP address.So I think the system is not loaded.After that I refreshed my SD card image several times and it didn’t work.

Do you have any suggestions?

Li

Your best bet is to attach a serial console to the serial port header (J44) and watch the boot messages.

You don’t have anything accidentally shorting the reset or force recovery jumpers on J40 do you?

Hi gtj;

thanks for your advice.
I have tried the reset or force recovery jumpers on J40 before I refreshed my SD card image.
I try to attach the serial console to the serial port header, I connect the serial interface(baudrate 115200) with a UART to USB adapter and I get nothing. I’m a beginner of Linux, I’m not sure if I did the right thing.I connected TXD(Jetson Nano) to RXD (adapter) and RXD to TXD together.In my previous tests, PC and Jetson Nano can communicate with uart.

Li

That’s the correct wiring for the serial port. The only other thing I can suggest is to connect the micro USB port to a computer and power on with the force_recovery pins jumpered and see if the debug devices registers on the host.

Hi gtj:

I have tried this method when using USB power supply.I can’t find Jetson Nano on my PC.I tried to connect the Jetson Nano with Ethernet cable( for ssh connection ), and I can’t find it’s IP address in my PC. My friend said that the bootloader might be broken.But he is not sure if the bootloader is installed in the SD card image.Do you think it necessary, that I use another SD card to start?
Thank you very much!

Li

With no sdcard or a bad sdcard you should at least get some preliminary messages from TegraBoot on the serial console but it wouldn’t hurt to try flashing a new sdcard.

Hi gtj:

I tried to connect Jetson Nano and my PC again with a usb cable.I scanned the hardware changes in my PC and tried to replace the USB cable.But I don’t even see a new port appear.Is it possible that the hardware is broken?

Li

I can’t think of anything else. Maybe someone else can.

Well, there’s 1 thing you could try… Try reseating the Nano module on the devkik carrier board. It’s just 2 screws and 2 clips.

Hi gtj:

Do you have a related video? I removed the screws but I don’t know exactly where the clips are.
Thanks a lot for your help.

Li

I don’t have a video but the 2 clips are on the sides. You pull them away from the module slightly and the module should tilt up. It’s like a laptop memory connector.