Jetson Nano OS installed via the SDK Manager is 15 GB and I cannot resize the ext4 partition?

EDIT:

I seem to have misunderstood directions somewhere along the line. I do not need to install JetPack again through the SDK Manager and can just skip this and just opt to install the Nvidia Container Runtime, Cuda, etc. Everything seems to be working.

Hi,

I’m trying to use the Nvidia Runtime Environment and to do that as far as I know I have to do the following:

1. Flash the Jetson Nano Developer kit OS to my SD card and go through the Ubuntu installation process.
  2. Connect the Jetson Nano to a host device with SDK Manager and install Jetson OS with JetPack 4.3.

This installation (2) created a 15gb ext4 partition and several other small partitions with >100gb of unallocated memory on my 128gb SD card. With GParted, I’m unable to resize this ext4 partition.

During the installation of (1) I was prompted via the Jetson board how much space I wanted to allocate to the OS (which I picked 120gb), and during the installation of (2) this prompt was oddly missing.

I need to utilize the full 128gb of my SD card but can’t seem to figure out how. Any ideas?

You’ve already gotten past it but for the record, there’s a known issue with creating SD Card from the SDK Manager in that it assumes a 16gb card size. If you download the SD Card image directly from nvidia, it has the APP partition at the end and can be extended to the full size of your card.

If you want to create your own custom image you can use Linux_for_Tegra/tools/jetson-disk-image-creator.sh and it will prompt to resize on first boot. Otherwise you can try resize2fs like:

sudo resize2fs /dev/mmcblk0p1

On the actual nano and it should resize for you. As mentioned, it seems to be a bug in SDKM and will probably be fixed next release.