Jetson nano production module not booting

I have Jetson nano production module running on auvedia jn30B carrier board, every thing was running well until the Ubuntu OS sent a low memory warning when i checked the memory status i found that all the 16GB emmc memory is full then i restarted it without freeing some space, after restart it displays the invidia logo and some of os booting info but it hangs after that and goes to blank screen, i tried to flash it again with new image using flash.sh script but when i connect the carrier board to the pc it doesn’t recognised as usb device on the PC, i tried various usb micro cables and on several PCs but still the same, i think this might be because there is no free memory available.

Attached the images of the jetson module, the carrier board and the screen output.
if anyone knows how to solve this issue please help

All of your links require a permission. Could you set to public?

As for your problem, if the flash problem only happens to one jetson module, I would suspect this is hardware problem.

I updated the post and attached the images

in the case i cannot re-flash the module now, is there is any way to restore the installed OS on it ?

I see your error now and it does not look like a hardware issue.

in the case i cannot re-flash the module now, is there is any way to restore the installed OS on it ?

May I know why you cannot re-flash the module and which release are you using?

When I connect the module to the PC using the micro-usb cable it doesn’t appear on the connected devices in the “lsusb” command i tried different cables and tried another module (Development kit module) and it works but the production module with auvidea carrier board doesn’t appear in the connected devices to the PC, the release i use is the official version from https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/linux-tegra
and the release version currently installed on it is 32.2

Do you have only one production module that can test on your Auvidea board?

Maybe the Auvidea board is broken?

Development kit module is sdcard based module, isn’t it? If yes, I don’t think we should discuss it for now.

I have both the production module and Development kit module the Development kit module yes it’s SD card based so i can flash it in both ways using force recovery mood or using SD card image burnt to the card using Etcher, but the production version is emmc based and i can flash it only using the force recovery mode, i think too there is something wrong with auviedia JN30B carrier board, in this case i have 3 Question

1- Can i do any thing with the current state with production module to get it work without any flashing ?

2- Is the production module can be connected to the development kit carrier board which come in the case with the development module (the black carrier board) ?

3- I have audvidea JN30A carrier board and i can connect it to the PC successfully, as mentioned here https://auvidea.eu/product/70780/
“This carrier board is only compatible with the Jetson Nano from the NVIDIA developer kit!”
is there is any way to connect this to the production module ?

1- Can i do any thing with the current state with production module to get it work without any flashing ?

Wayne: If your error is still same as “Screen output 2 (OS INFO).jpg”, then please try to reboot it several times and see if any difference. We once had such issue before but it was on devkit and rel-32.1.

Actually, I think re-flash is necessary here.

2- Is the production module can be connected to the development kit carrier board which come in the case with the development module (the black carrier board) ?

Wayne: No, it cannot.

3- I have audvidea JN30A carrier board and i can connect it to the PC successfully, as mentioned here https://auvidea.eu/product/70780/
“This carrier board is only compatible with the Jetson Nano from the NVIDIA developer kit!”
is there is any way to connect this to the production module ?

Wayne: I don’t think they are compatible. Actually, this is NVIDIA official support site and we can help check the issue on your module. However, if this is carrier board issue then we cannot help. You need to contact vendors like Auvidea directly.

Ok, Thank you Wayne for your attention, I think I need to contact auvidea or get another working carrier board to re-flash the module.

Please let us know the status after you could re-flash the board. If it still cannot re-flash on new carrier board, then maybe you need to file RMA request to replace the module.

However, I don’t think the module is dead since it still has boot up log now.

Ok, i will update you here with any new state, another question please may be not relevant to our topic, is there is any RMA location or technical support center for the Jetson products located in Egypt ?

Sorry that I am not sure. There would be another guy to contact you when you file the RMA request.

Ok, Thank you Wayne.