Jetson nano production SOM is not booting on custom carrier board

Hii Sir, I have designed a customized carrier board for Jetson nano production SOM. Xavier NX bootup properly on carrier board. All ports, HDMI, GPIO, LAN, USB work fine. But on the same carrier board jetson nano SOM not getting booting up. HDMI, USB, LAN, GPIO, and other ports not working. I have measured voltages levels on board from the hardware point of view. I mention it below:
for Xavier NX
Power_En :4.55V
Mode_sleep:1.8V
clk: 0.85V
PMIC_BBAT:2.54V
Sleep/Wake : 4.9V
STUTDOWN_REQ:5.0V
FORCE_RECOVERY:1.63V
VDD:5.0V

for JETSON NANO SOM
Power_En :4.55V
Mode_sleep:0V
clk: 0.85V
PMIC_BBAT:2.54V
Sleep/Wake : 4.9V
STUTDOWN_REQ:5.0V
FORCE_RECOVERY:1.63V
VDD:5.0V

With the above comparison, I found that mode_sleep pin is low in jetson nano during booting. I have checked my schematic with reference, I didn’t find any mistakes.
Please tell me how should I fix this issue.

Do you mean not all boards have such issue? If so, it looks like board quality issue of soldering or components.

Hii sir, all boards have the same issue. On our carrier board Xavier NX SOM booting up well but jetson nano SOM does not boot up. I think if Xavier NX is bootup so there is no soldering or component issue. I have checked all power rail components and soldering all is fine. I only found that during booting up of nano SOM, all signal levels are the same but Mode_sleep pin shows 0V, it shows that it goes in sleeping mode during booting. Please tell me some dubbing points from the hardware side so that I can fix this issue.

Not sure about the root cause, you can probe the power sequence as listed in Design Guide to check if any abnormal timing. And the carrier board power supplies should be ON after module.

I have checked the power diagram, it is the same as the reference one. Please note my point Xavier is bootup but nano does not boot up on the same carrier board. can you tell me in which conditions mode_sleep gose 0V and hardware dubbing points so that I can fix this issue?

It might be lots of causes to cause that. Like power on sequence, interface power rails, pins POR status and etc., you can compare your design to P3449 schematic to find out difference.

I have checked the power sequence, everything is fine. I have also cross-checked the schematic, it is also the same.I have done everything.,still same issue.

Do you mean the same nano module can work on devkit but not with your board? If so, there should be some difference between your board and devkit carrier.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.