Jetson Nano - Starter help

Hello there!

I recently purchased a Jetson Nano, so I’m completely new to this system. As a beginner, I have a few questions according to the general usage of this product, so I hope I can get some answers here. Thank you in advance!

• If you connect the Jetson Nano to a display with e.g. HDMI, you can edit the code in the Ubuntu interface. If I then build the chip inside a robot, how does it simply run the code I wrote? Is this automatically triggered when no display is connected?
  • I saw that an internet connection is required when working with the Jetson Nano, either through an Ethernet cabel or by a WiFi adapter. Does this also apply to the "run code only-mode" described in the previous point? I won't be able to provide internet connection for a portable system in which I want to implement the Jetson Nano.
  • Speaking about portable systems, how can I ensure a proper power supply without a socket? How big does the energy storage have to be? I mean, I heard from various sources that the Jetson Nano consumes a lot of power, so would e.g. a power bank with 2Ah capacity and a 5V ⎓ 2.5A output be enough?

Thanks!

You will need to set up a Linux service or auto-login action that starts the code when the module starts.

The internet connection is needed when installing more software, or when developing using a cross-debugger connection. If you’re developing on a keyboard/screen connected to the Jetson, you don’t NEED an internet connection.

The Ah capacity of your power bank determines how long the Jetson will run on battery, assuming that the power bank has sufficient amperage capacity and low voltage drop.
Note that some battery packs measure/market the “amp-hours” from the lithium cells on the inside (at 3.7V) and not what they can actually deliver at 5V after voltage step-up.
The math for this is pretty straightforward once you convert everything to Watt-hours and compensate for the losses in your boost or buck DC DC converter (which is an integrated component in ready-made 5V battery packs.)

Thanks for the reply!

This is a good starting point for me. But can you point out please, what a cross-debugger-connection is and how do I set up a Linux service or auto-login action? As I said, I’m a complete newcomer, so sorry for my dumb questions :P