Jetson Nano UART0, UART1, UART2

Hi, I need to interface my Jetson Nano UART1 through a level shifter, and a multiplexer to TI C2000 series MCU’s. I am using Jetson Nano’s GPIO as mux select and switch my Nano UART between the two MCU’s. Would there be any issue?

Also I’d like to know the maximum baud rate I can achieve on Jetson Nano UART0, UART1, and UART2. Thanks

I can’t answer the first part of the question, but if you have one stop bit, then you can reliably use speed 115200. If you go above that speed, then at some point you will need two stop bits. Not sure what the upper limit is, but with two stop bits, I’d expect it to be much higher.

hello asimzia8,

may I know what’s the baudrate you would like to achieve for your use-case?
it’s baud rate generator from the 24Mhz oscillator, you should check TRM for the divisor table for reference.
there’s adjust-baud-rates settings in the device tree, by default it is using 115200/8n1.
for example,
$L4T_Sources/r32.5.1/Linux_for_Tegra/source/public/hardware/nvidia/soc/t210/kernel-dts/tegra210-soc/tegra210-soc-base.dtsi

uarta: serial@70006000 {
                compatible = "nvidia,tegra114-hsuart";
                nvidia,adjust-baud-rates = <115200 115200 100>;

okay, that’s some valuable insight, thanks :)

Hi, thanks for responding, I’d like to go up to 12Mbps if possible. Also, provide me any technical manual for the Tegra SoC in Jetson Nano, thanks

Jetson Nano platforms are sharing the chip version as same as Jetson TX1, so you could refer to Tegra X1 SoC Technical Reference Manual for details.

Just a “gut feeling” comment: I doubt you’ll get above 10Mb/s even with two stop bits. Maybe with a custom board you could.

Thank you so much for your input, much appreciated.

Okay thank you for your time.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.