Jetson Orin NX

Hi,
I have some questions about supporting USB function of Jetson Orin NX.
(1) Does Jetson Orin NX and Nano support Flip detection and CC control of USB Type-C?
(2) Does Jetson Orin NX and Nano support DRP(Dual Role Power) and DRD(Dual Role Data) of USB Type-C?
(3) Does Jetson Orin NX and Nano support Alternate mode of USB Type-C?

What you mentioned are features of PD controller/switch. Orin NX module does not contain that. It needs to add external PD controller / switch in your custom design.

Thank you for your reply.

I have other question.

About Type-C,
When I connect USB SS 2port of Orin NX to Type-C(TX1/RX1 and TX2/RX2), Can Orin NX swap lanes? software?
In this case, Do I need no external MUX?

No, swap is not supported, a switch is needed. For Orin NX, it is just a standard USBSS port, the external devices are necessary for type C design.

Hi,
Thank you for your cooperation.

I have other questions.
(1)Does Jetson Orin SoM module itself have signal Integrity to satisfy USB compliance?
(2)Does Jetson Orin NX and Nano support USB3.2 Gen2×2(20Gbps)?
(3)If USB3.2[Port#0] and USB3.2[Port#2] of Orin NX is connected to TX1/RX1 and TX2/RX2 of Type-C, Can USB communication by either port if USB device connect to upside-up or upside-down? Please see as below.

Orin NX module, Type-C connector , Action

USB3.2(Port#0) <-------> TX1/RX1 of Type-C ← Connect upside-up Type-C cable
USB3.2(Port#2) <-------> TX2/RX2 of Type-C ← Connect upside-down Type-C cable

Please read the Orin NX datasheet and Design Guide in DLC first.

1. Yes.
  2. There are two hubs internal for USB 3.2, each with 10 Gbps bandwidth. One hub is for Ports 0/1 and the other is for port 2.
  3. No.

Hi, Thank you for your support.

Hi,
I have other question.

Does Jetson Orin NX and Nano support USB3.2 Gen1×2(10Gbps)?
I could not find this feature on the datasheet(Jetson_Orin_NX_DS-10712-001_v0.5.pdf)

No, only x1 is supported.

Thank you for your reply.
I understood it.

Hi,my Orin NX 16GB with Xavier NX customization carrier board,it’s USB will not work until 46 seconds after being powered-on,after powered-on reseating the mouse and keyboard can also work immediately,can you help me locate the problem?

Hi, Orin NX and Xavier NX are not 100% pin compatible. Did you check your custom Xavier NX design based on Orin NX Design Guide and the comparison doc? There are some interface difference should be noted which might cause potential risks. Also, do you have log info when issue happen?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.