Jetson tx2 reflash failed

jetson tx2 brush failed, the problem is shown in the figure, jetpack 4.6.2

Hi lisalsj,

Are you using the devkit or custom board?
“reflash failed” means it could boot up and flashed successfully before?

You could refer to the following link to install jetson with SDKM.
Install Jetson Software with SDK Manager :: NVIDIA SDK Manager Documentation

1 Like

I’ll also add that the issue looks to be with amd64 packages, which means the host PC and not the Jetson. You can (at least temporarily) uncheck host PC additions and only flash or add packages to the Jetson. You can then later work on PC additions. Or even finer-grained updates, you can uncheck everything except flash, and then after flash completes, check only optional packages to the Jetson. It isn’t always obvious that it is easy to uncheck part of it and continue without actual reflashing each time.

Since the commands mention docker, are you doing this in a container?

1 Like

flashed successfully before,but it was 16.04,I need18.04,I found I need flash 4.0 series.

I didn’t select the host pc,you can see this picture.this is my choice。

my host computer is ubuntu18.04。sorry ,I didn’t know what is “docker”.(This is my first use linux).

Some people try to run everything within Docker, which is a container (it pretends to be an operating system similar to a VM, but is designed differently). I’m guessing then that it was the Docker from JetPack/SDK Manager and not something external. It isn’t unusual for issues to arise when running everything inside of Docker (which would mean the Docker within is run within yet another Docker). Looking closer though the error wasn’t about running in Docker, it was just a warning about seeing packages defined twice in the apt repository (it was a package configuration issue and not an issue of running in Docker; I didn’t look close enough). Still, it was an amd64 package, so I guess that it is looking at the host PC repository setup even if it isn’t installing something related to the dual-listed repositories (seems like it was about getting your 16.04 updated to 18.04 though…error messages sometimes just are not very good).

1 Like

so how can I solution this issue,thank you very much

It sounded like using 16.04 worked, but using 18.04 on the host PC does not. Is that correct? On the host PC, does this succeed?

sudo apt update
sudo apt-get upgrade

(if the automatic update mechanism is running you might need to wait)

tomorrow I will try, think you very much!!!

as this picture,when I try your say and try flash again.

在這邊用中文跟你解釋一下可能會比較清楚

1. 麻煩按一下sdkmanager上面有個 "EXPORT LOGS"的按鈕抓完整的log並且附上來
  2. 坦白說從目前你的截圖看下來, 你的flash failed問題跟flash本身沒有關聯. 看起來是你的host PC上有些東西沒有辦法裝

— Eng ver–

1. Please click on the “EXPORT LOGS” button on your sdkmanager and attach the full log.

2. Actually, it looks like the “flash failed” issue has nothing to do with flash itself. According to your screenshot, it is more like something are not able to get installed on your host PC.

SDKM_logs_JetPack_4.6.2_Linux_for_Jetson_TX2_modules_2022-11-28_18-23-17.zip (87.6 KB)

are you say this?

對. 剛確認完你的log, 跟前面講的一樣. 這跟flash本身無關 是apt沒辦法裝一些tool

連python2.7都沒辦法裝.

Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 python : PreDepends: python-minimal (= 2.7.12-1~16.04) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: python2.7 (>= 2.7.12-1~) but it is not going to be installed
18:26:27.181 - Info: [ Package Install Finished with Error ]
18:26:27.181 - Info: [host] [ 4.25 GB used. Disk Avail: 160.36 GB ]
18:26:27.181 - Info: [ NV_L4T_FILE_SYSTEM_AND_OS_T186_COMP Install took 2m38s ]

----Eng ver—

Yes, that is the log we need. Checked your log and it is same as what I said previously. Even python 2.7 is not able to get installed on your host pc.

ok,thank you very much

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.