Jetson TX2 with IDS ueye GigE Camera

Hi everyone,

I am trying to test a GigE Camera from IDS (UI-54482-C-HQ) I have come across some posts where people were able to run the IDS SDK on TX1, but I cannot even start the daemon on Jetson TX2. I am getting an exec error which means it was built (the sdk installer) for a different architecture.

Has anyone had any success getting GigE cameras from IDS to work on Jetson TX2?

Thank you in advance

Svetlana

Did you install arm8/aarch64/arm64 drivers ? Arm32 bits (arm7/armhf) wouldn’t work fine.

I cannot find these drivers for my particular model, when I select the architecture I only see software SDK (maybe I am totally missing something):

Thanks for your reply

Svetlana

You would need to have a login into IDS.
Then try:

Is this the one you’ve tried ?

I only see the below:

For me model :( …Thank you

I got the SDK to run but it wont show any cameras on the list, I am connecting the camera through the POE port on TX2.

I can’t tell more. I’ve been successfully using uEye LE USB cam with that.
You may contact IDS for further support with this camera.

Thank you for your help either way! :)

I got it to work, the drivers for GiGE cameras are updated from SDK manager.

@svetlana.podvalniuk I have the same trouble, my camera does not appear in camera list in IDS Ueye Manager. Also, I’m equiped with a jetson Nano.
==> Can you explain in details how did you solve the problem please ?

Hi,

Did you install the SDK pertaining to jetson nano? I used Jetson TX2 (but I think it should not matter).

For me I had two problems:

1. DHCP network: it needs to be a static IP or the connection will be unstable.
  2. Did you try restarting the drivers? Are you using ethernet or USB connection? Please try restarting (use only one depending on the connection type). Perform first a stop then start, sample commands below:

$> sudo systemctl start ueyeethdrc. → Ethernet connection
$> sudo systemctl start ueyeusbdrc. —> USB

Svetlana

1 Like

@svetlana.podvalniuk

I use Ethernet connection, In IDS Camera manager, I see that uEye ETH daemon is connected.

Did you install the SDK pertaining to jetson nano?
What do you mean ? I just install ueye 4.94.0.1220_arm64 from IDS

@svetlana.podvalniuk After stop/start daemon + Enable ETH Configuration mode for the Network adapters Eth0 :
Now, I see the camera but it’s not available. How can I setup a static ip.

=> Status of device 1001 : The camera is not configured properly. Please us the ‘Manual ETH configuration’ button to set a persistent IP adress.

It depends on your router if your router allows assigning of static IPs. I no longer have access to IDS suit, I have this screenshot from the work I did before with this camera. What do you have under this:

@svetlana.podvalniuk Thank you, finally, it’s working now : camera is available in IDS manager.
But : I try to open video stream with OpenCV in python and there is a high lantency … Did you use an PoE Injector?
I do not observe this behavior on my windows machine with the same setup.