Jetson Xavier AGX - Can't get USB-C ports to connect to host machine

So I just got my Xavier in today and when I try to connect to it with my host Ubuntu machine, it never sees the Xavier. I have tried flashing it several times but it can never do it over the usb. I’m stuck now and I don’t know what to do next. Is there something I’m missing? The only thing I can think of that I did wrong was starting the Xavier up before hooking it up to a host. I only figured that part out after the fact.

What do I do now?

Do you mean you can put Xavier into recovery, and flash it successfully.
But when boot it up. You can’t make it as a USB device, while want your X86 PC act as USB host?
I think your system and usb port is good.

But you should use the other USB type-C port nearby the LED.
You will see a L4T-README otg drive.
And there will be document to tell you how to use the USB as virtual ethernet/UART/Storage.

Thanks for the reply. I actually managed to get this all working successfully about an hour ago. I looked through the logs and saw a Python error. It seemed like it was unable to locate Python2 on my host. I installed Python2 and then tried again. It made a connection and started flashing right away. Very strange that they would not do a pre-check for something as crucial to the install as this.

1 Like