Jetson Xavier NX Booting Issue i2c

Hey there,

I am not able to boot my Jetson Xavier NX correctly, when i put in the power supply there is always coming the following messages:

[1.669498] eqos_get_mac_address_dtb: bad mac address at /chosen/nvidia,ether-mac: null.
[1.669526] eqos 2490000.ether_qos (unnamed net_device) (uninitialized): ether-mac read from DT failed -99
[1.861473] imx219 9-0010: imx219_board_setup: error during i2c read probe (-121)
[1.861797] imx219 9-0010: board setup failed
[1.885724] imx219 10-0010: imx219_board_setup: error during i2c probe (-121)
[1.886024] imx219 10-0010: board setup failed
bash: cannot set terminal process group (-1): Inappropriate ioctl for device
bash: no job control in this shell
bash-4.3#

I stuck here and don’t know what to do to get to the linux gui/desktop.

This is my first time working with a Jetson device and i don’t know what this could mean by any chance and haven’t found anything similar in the web yet.

What can I do?

Please help and thank you in advance!

Cheers

Boot into initrd (bash) means your rootfs is not mounted correctly.

How did you prepare the image on host? Please share us your steps.

Hello WayneWWW,

thank you for your respond.

I followed the exact steps mentioned in here: Getting Started With Jetson Xavier NX Developer Kit | NVIDIA Developer for Windows. I got the SD Memory Card Formatter from the SD Association and formatted my SD card (actually tried that on two different cards) and used Etcher to write the latest image file i could get from the link above to that card.
After that i plugged in the hdmi for my monitor, usb for mouse and keyboard and then the power supply.

Are you using the nvidia developer kit?

Want to check the log from bootloader. I guess there is something wrong when bootloader trying to read the sdcard image.
https://elinux.org/Jetson/General_debug

You can also try to use sdkmanager to flash your board if you have a ubuntu host.

Do you mean to check the /var/log/boot.log or /var/log/dsmeg ? I checked the directory /var/log/ but there seems to be no files…yes i am using the nvidia developer kit.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will try to use sdkmanager to flash it and hope to get it run

No, please read the page I just posted. These logs are not from any of files of your device.