Locals don't show up and "-var-create: unable to create variable object" error when trying

When I hit a breakpoint, nothing shows up in the locals window except function arguments, and if I type the variable name in the watch window, it gives me the error: “-var-create: unable to create variable object”

I can view global objects fine.

Any idea what might be wrong? I am running Windows 7 64-bit and using Visual Studio 2012. I thought it might be related to my project, but I created a simple HelloJni project, and I still run into the same problems.

Thank you for your help!

Yes i get this alot, sometimes they work but mostly they dont. Im Windows 7 64bit using Visual Studio 2010

Hi, you can try turning debug info generation off and adding -g2 -gdwarf-2 to the compiler’s command line manually. That fixes some of the instances of this problem.

Hi Dmitry,

Thank you for the tip. Unfortunately, that doesn’t fix my issue. :( Any other ideas?

Thank you very much!

Hi, sorry for the delay!

We are planning to release a new Nsight Tegra version rather soon and I can say that a similar behavior was fixed there. It’s quite possible that it was the same issue which you’ve described. Thus I’m afraid that there’s probably nothing more to try as the issue was on our side and didn’t look like it could be worked around externally.

Any update on when this new update will be released?

Thanks!

the New TADP has been released.

Thanks! That fixed my issue. I really appreciate your help!

That’s great to hear!