Monitor Configuration not saving

@generix I switched HDMI cords and ports on the TV Monitor since that was what was giving errors, it still does the same thing

@simondedman I’m decently sure I followed the steps correctly. I updated the .desktop file and the visudo per dez93_2000’s updated answer and the app does run. I don’t know for certain how to check if it’s running as root, but the changes still did not save. If I read that page wrong, please feel free to correct which steps I need to take. Thanks again

simply run sudo nvidia-settings in a terminal.
ps -C nvidia-settings -f will show the user of the process.

In that case I can confirm it’s running as root and the settings are still not properly applying on startup

So now I’ve also tried deleting the existing config file entirely and creating a new one, which I was able to do successfully. However, upon restart it once again defaulted to the same incorrect settings, none of which were the same as the config I saved. What else can I even do here?

I have the same exact issue as above, different errors (?). I am using Manjaro with gnome, 2 monitors, tried running nvidia-settings as root, tried Manjaro Nvidia guide, nothing has worked. However, I can say that I’ve been repeatedly getting this error as an output of nvidia-settings:
(nvidia-settings:4344): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: 19:18:00.366: g_object_unref: assertion ‘G_IS_OBJECT (object)’ failed
My search for this error has brought me here. On startup, nvidia-settings creates a default-like configuration. This includes-much to my annoyance-a sideways monitor (set as the primary).

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
nvidia-bug-report.log (1.3 MB)

You need to use gnome control center to set monitor arrangement, wil be saved in ~/.config/monitors.xml.

1 Like

Fixed. Thank you so much!