mPCIE SDI video cards support with Jetson TX2 module

Hello,

We want to use HD-SDI mPCIe cards with jetson TX2 based systems. Is there any recommended mPCIE cards for this application? We are looking for easy software support (driver etc.) with these mPCIe cards and TX2 module.

Thanks
Goutam

Hi goutam,
Please check oem design guide:
https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/dlc/jetson-tx2-tx2i-oem-product-designguide
TX2 can support PCIe devices up to 4 lanes. Other users may recommend PICe cards they have tried/tested.

Hello DaneLLL,

Thanks for your quick reply. My question was w.r.t HD-SDI mini PCIe card support with TX2 module. Can TX2 accept video input through PCIe bus as PCIe bus is not connected to the CUDA core. Is MIPI/CSI the only way to interface video input to TX2. I know we can use HD-SDI to CSI-2 bridge cards but is there any recommended HD-SDI video frame grabber mPCIE module which can be integrated with TX2. Any recommended company who has done driver integration of their HD-SDI mPCIe cards with TX2.

Thanks
Goutam

Hi goutam,
We don’t have experience with HD-SDI video frame grabber mPCIE module. Other users can share/recommend.

If it supports v4l2, you can refer to tegra_multimedia_api\samples\12_camera_v4l2_cuda for video frame capture.