vendor: Intel Corporation
physical id: 2
bus info: pci@0000:00:02.0
version: 07
width: 64 bits
clock: 33MHz
capabilities: pciexpress msi pm vga_controller bus_master cap_list rom
configuration: driver=i915 latency=0
resources: irq:132 memory:b2000000-b2ffffff memory:c0000000-cfffffff ioport:5000(size=64) memory:c0000-dffff
*-display UNCLAIMED
description: 3D controller
product: GP108M [GeForce MX150]
vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
physical id: 0
bus info: pci@0000:01:00.0
version: a1
width: 64 bits
clock: 33MHz
capabilities: pm msi pciexpress bus_master cap_list
configuration: latency=0
resources: memory:b3000000-b3ffffff memory:a0000000-afffffff memory:b0000000-b1ffffff ioport:4000(size=128)

I have searched a lot in google, found article there too, but nothing could solve my problem.

Can someone help me? thanks.

Hello @dachigiorgadze98 and welcome to the NVIDIA developer forums!

The line *-display UNCLAIMED simply means that you do not have a driver for the NVIDIA GPU installed. The recommended way at this point, specifically in Ubuntu 20.04, is to use the NVIDIA proprietary driver provided as part of the Ubuntu distribution package installer.

The easiest way to do so is to go through “Ubuntu Software & Updates”, then “Additional Drivers” and chose the most recent NVIDIA driver metapackage available, it should be nvidia-driver-510.

IMPORTANT! You MUST follow the instructions exactly. Since this is a signed driver, if you have secure boot enabled on your PC, you WILL need to go through the driver authorization process. That means during installation you will be asked to provide an authorization password which you will have to confirm during the next reboot to Ubuntu.

There are a lot of tutorials online that will give you more detail in case you need it.

I hope this helps.

Thanks, but I have done this already, now I removed everything and did it again, but problem is the same. Even nvidia-smi is giving error: “NVIDIA-SMI has failed because it couldn’t communicate with the NVIDIA driver. Make sure that the latest NVIDIA driver is installed and running.” I don’t know why my ubuntu can’t see driver.

I have watched every tutorials and videos, nothing helped.

Please take a look at this thread: RTX 2060 GPU not recognized by Linux

Those steps might help you. The important part is to remove all traces of old drivers if you are in a state where nothing seems to work.

And of course a fresh Install of Ubuntu from scratch should help with the situation as well.

Thank you.

I did those steps too, first of all removed all nvidia drivers, then used autoremove, autoclean and blacklisted nouveau too, then installed again nvidia drivers, rebooted again but nothing changed.

I am not sure that someone can help me.