My system see only emulator but CUDA works

My sysem (SuSe 10.3 and Suse 11 , SDK 2.0 ) see only emulator device, but CUDA works, I tesed it by screensavers and it show about 4000 FPS .

So, my programm works only in emulator mode.

I wrote code for enumerating devices and it return only emulator.

CUT_DEVICE_INIT(argc, argv);

r=cudaGetDevice(&dev);

r=cudaGetDeviceCount(&devices);

printf(“Devices=%d\n”,devices);

for(i=0;i<devices;i++)
{
r=cudaGetDeviceProperties(&prop,i);

printf(“\nDevice[%d].name=%s\n”,i,prop.name);

printf(“\nDevice[%d].totalGlobalMem=%d\n”,i,prop.totalGlobalMem);
printf(“\nDevice[%d].sharedMemPerBlock=%d\n”,i,prop.sharedMemPerBlock);
printf(“\nDevice[%d].warpSize=%d\n”,i,prop.warpSize);

}

I tryed to compile it witout Makefile for more control compiler switches by command:

nvcc --link *.cu -o test -I/usr/local/cuda/include -L/usr/local/cuda/lib -I/root/NVIDIA_CUDA_SDK/common/inc -L/root/NVIDIA_CUDA_SDK/common/lib/linux libcutil.a

It works similar.

Is it exist some tools for enumerating devices and testing it ?

Make sure you are using a CUDA compatible driver. The standard ones are not CUDA-compatible… and you will only see “emulator” as the device.

The standard ones are CUDA compatible. All released nvidia drivers since 169.09 have supported CUDA 1.1. Only when using the CUDA 2.0 beta, you must use the beta driver associated with that CUDA release.

Sorry for the confusion, I was talking about the 2.0 version as I have not tried a “release” driver with 1.0/1.1.

However the OP posted that he is using the SDK 2.0 so I assume that the problem he is seeing comes from a wrong driver.

I have had the issue on a 8800GTX with Vista32 (using the latest 2.0 beta), where the card would not be recognized till I installed the driver provided with the 2.0 packages.

As a side note, if you look into the SDK folders, there is a series of tests to read what kind of cards are present in your system, along with their characteristics.

You are right. I missed that in the OP.

The deviceQuery sample in the SDK is the best tool to test this. If it reports that the only available “card” is device emulation then it is usually a sign of the wrong driver or an improper driver installation.