Need manually restarting network service for IPs of 2 10GbE ports in Drive OS 5.1 with Pegasus

Hi SteveNV and Siva,

I confirmed my Pegasus for getting 2 static IP in rear panel (defined in /etc/network/interfaces) for 10GbE ports, it always needs to restart manually (restart to /etc/init.d/networking) Drive OS’s network service after system booting finished. It seems to be a issue within Drive OS 5.1.

Could you please help to check them to let me file nvonline bug.

Thanks!

Gary

Dear Garywang,

Yes, could you please file a bug for this and let me know the bug number? Thanks.

Dear SteveNV,
Please refer bug #2604002 Thanks!

Gary

Dear Garywang,

Thank you for filing the bug.
We will look into this symptom and update via the bug. Thanks.

Hi garywang,

Did you mean it’s working on the previous version?
Could you share the detailed steps for our reproducing?

I configure static IP to that 2 10GbE ports in rear view of my Pegasus then restart system (I’m sure network service is enabled), IP still cannot be probed and need to restart networking service (via /etc/init.d/networking restart).

Hi garywang,

Please clarify the issue first.
Could you just share the steps to reproduce issue? What do you connect to the 10GbE port?
You mentioned “rear panel”, so do you connect it to 2 lcd panel?

Also, you said " It seems to be a issue within Drive OS 5.1. ", so this issue was not there if using previous release?

@WayneWWW,
DRIVE OS 5.0.x didn’t support 10GbE (information from forum).

Can you please help to confirm if 10GbE port with static IP configuration in DRIVE 5.1 OS works normally? I just wanna consult you with it.

Thanks!

Gary

@SteveNV,
When Pegasus’s 10GbE connecting with my desktop, I use DHCP server within my desktop to workaround this issue. Thanks!

Gary